Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Premiere Bop Set

Love the late 60's Premier lugs. So I collected enough for a 18-10-12-14 Bop set. I used Pacific birch shells 10"-12"-14", and Tama Imperialstar 18" tom converted to a BD. Fill existing holes and drilled new for Premier lugs and Premier mounting hardware. Bought Truth tension rods for the bd cause I didn't want usual T style. Precision Drum provided the Merlot (burgundy sparkle) wrap.

I ordered a custom Premiere bass drum head badge to accurately reflect my choices.....

1 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

Beautiful!! Excellent job all around!!

Ed

Posted on 11 years ago

She's a looker. Great job, looks fantastic!

Posted on 11 years ago

Very cool and unique lug design and the burgundy sparkle...Well done.Clapping Happy2

Cam

"If we can't be free we can at least be cheap" -FZ
Posted on 11 years ago

Great looking kit. You should get your money back on the bass drum head. The name of the company was 'Premier' not 'Premiere' - no 'e' at the end. Still, you did a fantastic job.

Vintage Drum Student
Posted on 11 years ago

From relayer

Great looking kit. You should get your money back on the bass drum head. The name of the company was 'Premier' not 'Premiere' - no 'e' at the end. Still, you did a fantastic job.

I requested the extra E on the logo as an inside joke since I know they are not Premiers really. Gets drummers talking anyway since they would be the only ones who would know the difference....

Posted on 11 years ago

Ahh, I see. Good one.

Vintage Drum Student
Posted on 11 years ago

From amosguy

I requested the extra E on the logo as an inside joke since I know they are not Premiers really. Gets drummers talking anyway since they would be the only ones who would know the difference....

That's a nice idea and it really makes sense, as I first screamed 'FAKE' (in thought), seeing these lugs at the modern sized toms plus the rods at the bd ...

Great finish, too!

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 11 years ago

Very nice...

Didn't know you were a lefty,George.....

BTW...I have seen people spell Premier with a e on the end!

A local music store years ago had it spelled wrong in the Yellow Pages.....

Just like people spell Gretsch wrong a lot.........

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 11 years ago

I don't know how many people I've heard pronounce Sonor as in sonar

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here