Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Premier Yeovil Kit

First time I've ever seen one of these. I'm assuming that it's "not" a vintage kit.

3 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

For a short while which ended abruptly and acrimoniously in late 2015 Premier had a custom UK manufacturing workshop in Stockport UK which took over the skilled artisans of KD Drums - this resulted in a series of unique drum sets named after various places in he UK, this one being the "Yeovil" a town in Somerset. They also made the Modern Custom Club sets which were very retro. This whole venture ended in tears and since them a new thing "The British Drum Company" has kicked off with the same artisans notably a man called Keith Keough. Premier still getting stuff built in China but seems to be focussed more on marching and orchestral percussion - don't think there is any money to made in drums sets these days.

Posted on 8 years ago

My local drum store had a lot of them in stock but they didn't sell as they were far too expensive:

Here is the Ilkley

http://www.drumshop.co.uk/collections/acoustic-drum-kits/products/premier-one-series-the-ilkley-3-piece-shell-pack

Premier as a company is a bit of a mess in the UK these days as you can't find most of their product in stock anywhere.

They should go back to basics and get producing classic 60's style kits in China if they want to compete but I was after a BOP kit last year and they could not even point me in the direction of a dealer who had one!

Posted on 8 years ago

That's why I just bought this Soundwave Mk. II kit for $1050 (free shipping). Drool....

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

One of the reason they don't sell is the looks. I think that the typical hig-end drums consumer is not very interested in kits looking like these. There's some awkwardness about the diagonal lines and use of different veneers. If they would look very classy and classic, they'd appeal to a wider range of buyers and sell better.

Well, that's what I think.

Vintage and custom drum projects:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...2305272732%3A6
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here