Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

Premier Super Ace

Picture of super ace 14" x 6,5" shell. can anyone please date this for me. also i think the shell is chrome on brass. anymore info appreciated. it also needs a snare wire. any idears.

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

50's! probably late 50's.

myspace.jcymbal
youtube/jkcymbal
Posted on 15 years ago

I disagree. I believe it is early 60's. 1965 the latest. Its a 2000 model snare not a Royal Ace. Also, it should be an aluminum shell much like Ludwig's Supraphonic and Super Sensitive snares from the early 60's onward, not chrome over brass. It was Premier's answer to the Supraphonic and an excellent sounding drum in its own right. Keith Moon swore by these as well as the Ludwig Supraphonic.

Posted on 15 years ago

I love my 6.5" and 5" 1970's Supra snares. I have never any Premier drums. How much would one have to invest to find a drum like this? How rare are they?

Isaac

Posted on 15 years ago

This WILL be a chrome on brass drum. Premier stopped using COB shells in 1968 ( a good few years after ludwig stopped) when they introduced the 2000 snare, which was chrome plated aluminium. Thats why most 2000 snares (like a lot of 400's) are pitted. Neither aluminium or 'ludaloy' plated very well. Keep this drum, its getting rarer even in its UK homeland!

Posted on 15 years ago

From Ludwig-dude

I disagree. I believe it is early 60's. 1965 the latest. Its a 2000 model snare not a Royal Ace.

That's not a 2000. That's a Super-Ace, even older than the Royal-Ace. That's a super rare size too!

myspace.jcymbal
youtube/jkcymbal
Posted on 15 years ago

Hey Ludwig-dude, here's a 2000!

1 attachments
myspace.jcymbal
youtube/jkcymbal
Posted on 15 years ago

I stand corrected

Posted on 15 years ago

Okay so they are rare. I would love to hear one of these drums.

Isaac

Posted on 15 years ago

Hey Thanks for all the info guys. I have reciently discovered that it is mid to late 50s according to the premier 1958 cataloge. thanks for the info about the drum being chrome on brass. as there is no mention of this in the cataloge but sayes it is a 14 x 6.5 number 13 concert snare. Anyway thanks to everyone who took the time to reply. Cheers Guys.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here