Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

Premier snare gets a new look

I've had this old 10 lug Premier snare since the mid 90s. The shell has a bad case of bubbling/peeling chrome. Re-plating is economically out of the question. So, I decided to give it a touch of the "black panther", thus solving the ugly chrome acne problem and also matching it with my BP kit. The vinyl came from the fabric shop and conformed nicely to the beaded shell with double-sided tape. I only had used heads available for assembly, so I can't give a good description of the sound. However, post-assembly tapping leads me to believe it will sound great with new heads and possibly fresh wires.

[IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a70/jkreiser/100_2138-Copy.jpg[/IMG]

looking for Ludwig Black Panther 8" concert tom
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Cool idea...looks good !....my only concern would be longevity and movement of the wrap over time/temperature change. So keep us posted on that.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Brilliant!

Kits:
1950s Gretsch Name Band in Midnight Blue Pearl (13/16/22/14sn)
1965/66 Ludwig Club Dates rewrapped in Black Diamond Pearl (12/15/20)
Posted on 14 years ago

Cool ! Much like your Ludwig Standard snare, eh? Did you ever post pics of that on the board yet?

Posted on 14 years ago

From Rockdrum

Cool ! Much like your Ludwig Standard snare, eh? Did you ever post pics of that on the board yet?

No, I haven't had a chance to post the standard up yet. I reworked it and added another clone to the collection. I need to get a photo shoot set up one of these days.

lvd

looking for Ludwig Black Panther 8" concert tom
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here