Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Premier Snare Drums Info Required

Here are two snare drums i just pick up rather cheap on ebay. Not sure of models or year. Could do with some premier guys on the knowledge. One is similar to the premier 2000 the other is a marching drum. More pics once delivered. They both need the magic touch so i can get them re sold......Thanks......sean

Posted on 7 years ago

the blue one is a 70s 2001 (the wood version of the 2000). Birch shell with beech rings. Nice snare and good the wires are intact. The other is a marcher as you know - 60s I'd say. Looks like you'll need a lug.

Andrew

Golden Curtain
www.myspace.com/garagelandnz
Posted on 7 years ago

Thanks Fayray for the info much appreciated........sean

Posted on 7 years ago

The marching one is mid to late 50's

Posted on 7 years ago

Thanks Dukekamaya.....Ive looked in the brochures from 50's on the marching drum. The puzzling thing isnt the usual strainer and butt. It is the lever for the top snare wires i cant seem to see that set up. I know later on that premier had top snare wires that were activated with an arm. Wonder if im not looking in the right place or it was a special order. As for the lug i have a replacement from nick hopkins plus a tension rod....Thx guys.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here