Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Premier questions....

1)why is it so hard to find a PD250s pedal with the 2 way beater?I have seen quite a few,but ALL have been missing the beaters!

2) I THINK the PD101 brushed steel Resonator snare was also offered as a Non Reso snare...true?

3) How rare is Burgundy Pearl?...I have a kit coming in in that finish! Can't wait!

4)Why is it so hard to find a Lokfast hi hat stand with the rubber on the footboard,and not the later Trilock version?

5)What year did they do away with the mid 70's type BD mounts,and go with the one with the 2 big handles (1 on both sides of the BD mount)?.

6)...I have never seen a PD1246 "Suicide Throne" in person...any good to play on?

7)Are Everplay Extra heads good or junk?

Whew! Thats it for now!

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 12 years ago

1. Guys switched out the beaters and lost the originals.

2. Check the cataloges

3. Very rare, even the Burg Glitter is like hens teeth.

4. Peeled off or dry rotted.

5. See answer 2. lol

6. Suicide throne? I've worked with one, it's no different than any other throne I've used. Then again if you can't sit reasonably still when you play, any throne will be of no help. Ringo, Keith and Kenney didn't seem to have problems with the stool either.

7. I love them, if you don't want yours, I'll buy all you have.

Posted on 12 years ago

From blairndrums

1)why is it so hard to find a PD250s pedal with the 2 way beater?I have seen quite a few,but ALL have been missing the beaters!2) I THINK the PD101 brushed steel Resonator snare was also offered as a Non Reso snare...true?3) How rare is Burgundy Pearl?...I have a kit coming in in that finish! Can't wait!4)Why is it so hard to find a Lokfast hi hat stand with the rubber on the footboard,and not the later Trilock version?5)What year did they do away with the mid 70's type BD mounts,and go with the one with the 2 big handles (1 on both sides of the BD mount)?.6)...I have never seen a PD1246 "Suicide Throne" in person...any good to play on?7)Are Everplay Extra heads good or junk?Whew! Thats it for now!

just an answer about the Everplay heads. -----there is a huge amount of prejudice against heads that aren't standards. i.e. Remo,Evans or Aquarian.

i deal in Remo heads and think they are wonderfull,as are all other heads----IF YOU PUT THEM INTO THE CORRECT APPLICATION.

every head is different and they all work really well with a certain drum tuned a certain way and it is sheer folly to immediately strip an old drum of an Everplay Extra or an RKB or a Sonor(the 60's ones were actually RKB'S) or a calfskin or whatever and put a new Ambassador on it with a sigh of " I know what I am doing , when it comes to heads", often without even listening to the drum or tuning it beforehand.

Everplay Extra are great heads but as an example; I won't use them on 14" floor toms----I just don't think they work well there-----why would a company that makes drums as good as Premier's are, make crappy heads?

Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks for the level headed answer calfskin.

Here in the States,you very seldom see/hear Everplays,as they only turn up as trashed heads on drums from time to time........you almost never see NOS versions of them.

Yes,makes sense Premier wouldn't make "junk" heads...but,I have heard that some people don't like them.

I read just the other day that Everplays were never offered in anything other then a smooth finish....

So,on 2 Premier 70's kits I am restoring right now,I have decided to use Aquarian smooth white heads instead of the Textured Coated I usually use.

That way,I feel I will be getting closer to the factory sound of the kits..

Blair

Posted on 12 years ago

Hi,

1. I've bought mine (in almost pristine condition) directly at ebay UK. That should be the place for your search of one in good/ excellent shape.

2. Don't know.

3. Don't know.

4. That's still a question for me, too!

5. Check out the catalogues here and find it out by yourself ;) : http://www.drumarchive.com/Premier/

6. No idea on that.

7. Don't know.

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 12 years ago

Everplay Extras at work.[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v7LzOeTkfM&feature=fvsr[/ame]

Posted on 12 years ago

Surprise.....

I looked in my 1977 catalog,and they show "Premier Plus" heads,which are coated..

"The toughened,textured surface makes them easier to play - faster"

My other catalog is from 1968.....

Anyone know what year they started with the Premier Plus heads?

Posted on 12 years ago

From JRichard

3. Very rare, even the Burg Glitter is like hens teeth.[COLOR="Magenta"]If true, that's the best news I've had today! Ron[/COLOR]7. I love them, if you don't want yours, I'll buy all you have.[COLOR="Magenta"]Ditto! Ron[/COLOR]

Everplay coated heads are unbeatable.

Ron

1 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

It's NOT Burg Gltter though....

It's Burg Pearl AKA Red Marine Pearl......

I JUST got the call from Louisiana minutes ago,and the guy is sending my Burg Pearl b303 kit via Fed Ex just now!..14 by 22, 8 by 12, 8 by 14, 16 by 16.......Bowing

I'll post pics as soon as I get them!

Posted on 12 years ago

From royal ace

Everplay coated heads are unbeatable. Ron

Ron,

I JUST thought of your kit today!Glad you posted.......

I searched the entire InterWeb I think,and could only find 4 kits in that finish.....

Yours,

another 18,12,14,

a partial (14" by 20" and 14" by 14"),

mine (see above)

Not too many out there!

What a bad ass finish!

I only paid $350 plus $150 ship/packing materials....

BUT...someone put a Pearl double mount on it..

used existing holes pretty much though,so NOT Swiss Cheesed!

I can see why now ......

Their tom holders left a lot to be desired in the early 70's.

It wasn't till late 70's they came up with a better setup.

My kit is missing 1 BD hoop with inlay :-(

and 1-8 hole 14",which I happen to have already!

I'm going to throw all brand new Aquarians on it......

Oh...BTW

another question..

What year did Premier switch from black BD hoops to silver ones?

I'm trying to date my Superstar kit that has Silver BD hoops.......

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here