Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

Premier Powerhouse

Here's a photo of my newly aquired Premier Powerhouse kit in a mahogany swirl finish, 9x13,16x16,14x22, 10x14,(not shown), 5x14 metal snare.

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Outstanding! I was hoping you would make this move. Those are great drums in a stunning finish.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

very nice i'm glad to see you got the drums so how do you like them

80's 13 pc sonor signature
1979 12 pc ludwig power factory
Posted on 13 years ago

I love them, I didn't have a chance to really tune them before our gig, so I was a bit worried about getting the sound I wanted, but they came through like a champ. I was really surprised how nice the 5x14 Premier eight lug metal snare sounded, it is very sensitive and has a nice crack.

Yes I'm very happy with them and the finish is pretty unique, they look gorgeous on stage.

I was told by the salesman that I'm the second owner, the original owner babied them and finally decided to trade them in since they were not being played much.

Posted on 13 years ago

From johnnyringo

I love them, I didn't have a chance to really tune them before our gig, so I was a bit worried about getting the sound I wanted, but they came through like a champ. I was really surprised how nice the 5x14 Premier eight lug metal snare sounded, it is very sensitive and has a nice crack.Yes I'm very happy with them and the finish is pretty unique, they look gorgeous on stage. I was told by the salesman that I'm the second owner, the original owner babied them and finally decided to trade them in since they were not being played much.

i'm happy hear that very nice kit . see i told ya you would not be sorry .

80's 13 pc sonor signature
1979 12 pc ludwig power factory
Posted on 13 years ago

Not in any way to ruin your happiness with your obviously very nice kit - but:

Too me this kit is a Premier Projector - the nickname "Powerhouse" was as far as I know reserved for the Soundwaves with the extra deep 20x18" bassdrum.

Or?

Regards

Jon

Posted on 13 years ago

From Jon Petersen

Not in any way to ruin your happiness with your obviously very nice kit - but:Too me this kit is a Premier Projector - the nickname "Powerhouse" was as far as I know reserved for the Soundwaves with the extra deep 20x18" bassdrum.Or?RegardsJon

An easy mistake to make, considering how many iterations of lines and kits Premier had.

No, the Powerhouse kit was PD6500 and the bass was PD6172, which measured 22x14.

The PD6501 had the PD6174 bass which measured 24x14.

The PD6502 was basically the same as the PD6500, but it had the PD6448 floor tom that measured 18x16.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

Is this a possible difference in european names (Projector) and american (Powerhouse)?

In the UK catalogues, available in scanned form on drumarchive.com, there is no kit called the "Powerhouse", only "Projectors".

I have a Projector kit with a 20x18" bassdrum:

http://www.gratisimage.dk/image-A3A7_4CF8C2C6.jpg

and I understood it was these that got nicknamed "The Powerhouse".

But, I stand to be corrected! I can still learn!

Jon

Posted on 13 years ago

From Jon Petersen

Is this a possible difference in european names (Projector) and american (Powerhouse)?In the UK catalogues, available in scanned form on drumarchive.com, there is no kit called the "Powerhouse", only "Projectors".I have a Projector kit with a 20x18" bassdrum:http://www.gratisimage.dk/image-A3A7_4CF8C2C6.jpgand I understood it was these that got nicknamed "The Powerhouse".But, I stand to be corrected! I can still learn!Jon

I looked on the vintage forum guide and found a kit called the Powerhouse that looks exactly like this one. This kit was made before the Projector came out and has straight legs that go in to the kick, not the curved version. Here's a photo from the 1980 catalog, I believe mine were made between 1976-1980, I looked at the 1975 catalog and noticed the badge on the kick was near the resonant side and in 1980 the badge was near the batter side, like mine. I also have the same snare with the small badge.

Does anyone know if they were still using the inner ply of African mahogany? Mine has a dark interior, but it looks like it was made sometime after 1975, thanks.

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

That IS an american catalogue, right?

I think yours were sold as Beverleys here in Europe - my Projector is quite a lot newer, from around 1985.

Regards

Jon

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here