Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Premier Olympic?

Any experience with these Premier's? Also, any idea on what year these could be from. The description just says Premier. I'm thinking they are the Olympic line. Can't see the badge close up but I am thinking these are still when they were made in England....

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

if I'm not mistaken asian production

Vintage and custom drum projects:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...2305272732%3A6
Posted on 8 years ago

From bartw

if I'm not mistaken asian production

The tom mounts do look like the low end kits (asian made) The lugs made me think the kit was older...

Posted on 8 years ago

Like so many other companies, even Premier resorted to having low-end budget kits made in Taiwan, which is what this kit is. The lugs and holder tell me it's a 90's kit. No different that just about all the other budget kits at the time. I wouldn't pay too much for them, possibly around $200 or so.

-Mark

Posted on 8 years ago

That's no Premier kit I swear, from any period wether made in England or licensed from Asia. Whoever mounted those badges on those drums were commiting straight up fraud. I'm pretty sure of it.

40's Slingerland Radio King WMP
60's Ludwig Downbeat Silver Spark
70's Ludwig Super Classic White Marine
60's Gretsch RB Champaigne Spark
70's Rogers Big R Black
90's Sonor Hilite (Red maple)
00's DW Collectors Broken Glass
00's DW Jazz Series Tangerine Glass
10's DW Collectors (Acrylic) Matt Black Wrap
10's PDP Concept Wood Hoop kit (Maple)
Proud ambassador of the British Drum Company
Posted on 8 years ago

I am pretty sure as well, they look like Asians with generic Pearl style lugs....

Keep fixing them up...
Posted on 8 years ago

You guys are right! Thats no Premier Set!

regards

Christian

Posted on 8 years ago

Thanks for the info guys. I found a pic of an Olympic kit that looks like the same kit but it definitely appears that they changed the badges on it.

1 attachments
105.1 kB
Posted on 8 years ago

Like everyone has said, these are most likely NOT Premier drums! I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. I did find those Pearl lugs suspect and didn't feel they were what Premier was using. I had already seen pictures of the pictured Olympic kit, but thought that Premier might have used those Pearl lugs. Apparently not! Isn't it amazing the lengths some will resort to for a sale? At the same time, this may just be an innocent sale of the the seller simply not knowing.

-Mark

Posted on 8 years ago

Ah yes. They are old Olympics. Not at all made in England but a MIA kit badged up at source for premier and shipped in containers to compete in the beginner market.

If you want a smouldering secret, the really old ones from the 60's and early 70's were made with lovely mahogany in England which would of aged wonderfully if you can find a tidy example. They are still quite cheap over here because they are still quite common.

40's Slingerland Radio King WMP
60's Ludwig Downbeat Silver Spark
70's Ludwig Super Classic White Marine
60's Gretsch RB Champaigne Spark
70's Rogers Big R Black
90's Sonor Hilite (Red maple)
00's DW Collectors Broken Glass
00's DW Jazz Series Tangerine Glass
10's DW Collectors (Acrylic) Matt Black Wrap
10's PDP Concept Wood Hoop kit (Maple)
Proud ambassador of the British Drum Company
Posted on 8 years ago