Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Premier kit..sell with slotted t rods or no?

I have switched all my slotted t-rods over to regular drum key rods on 2 kits..(fit the same inserts!),and was wondering if that would hurt the value if I sell? Or,should I just throw the originals in?

I'm sure SOMEONE out there likes the slotted ones.......but,not me!

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 12 years ago

yeah, I'd throw the slotted ones in/ The new owner may want to switch

them back. They might have trouble finding a premier slotted key for cheap though. DOH

Posted on 12 years ago

The keys have been hitting around $20 US lately,haven't they?

Posted on 12 years ago

Even in the motherland of Premier I've seen some keys going via ebay for GBP 30 ... (the slotted type only, the other one doesn't reach this level for sure).

Would also recommend you to keep them in your stock.

At my Premier I have switched all the present square headed tension screws back over to slotted ones ...

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 12 years ago

Sell them as either regular or slotted heads, not both, buyers choice. Larger market I think. That way you could sell them to someone who would have switched the rod themselves (or want to). If the buyer wanted the original rods, you switch them out and have spares for another project.

Posted on 12 years ago

I just put some generic MIJ/Taiwan rods in....not Ludwig etc.....

Made sure they all matched up.

Sure used up a lot of them!...Still have quite a few!

Posted on 12 years ago

I agree with Amosguy; give the buyer the choice. A lot of people prefer original and or prefer slotted rods but North America has been pretty indoctrinated into the square head rod style. It ultimately doesn't make much difference, really, it's just a personal aesthetic thing-----however; threads are cut in varying degrees of precision----the more precise, the more time and therefore more cost. Premier has very good threads, like all European drums. If you replace the rods with items that have rough cut threads it could reduce the tuning smoothness and take away some of what makes a Premier a Premier----a small amount of heavy grease might help.

Posted on 12 years ago

I didn't know that about the threads on European drums.......

Thanks!

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here