Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Premier is alive and well!

Well.....there were rumors of Premier being gone, defunct, out of business, which may be true of the USA distributor, but not so of the company itself.

Here's a link to the news story of the new USA distributor right from Premier's own website.

http://www.premier-percussion.com/news/premier-and-universal-percussion-team-up-for-success-in-the-usa

Posted on 13 years ago

Premier itself was (is?) in some pretty deep financial hurt. They effectively went bankrupt in '07. The company was liquidated last year and a new company was set up to continue the name.

Good to hear they've lined up with a prominent U.S. distributor like Universal. I wish 'em luck. (Here's hoping the "new Premier" will have products -- especially parts -- more readily available than the "old Premier"!)

Posted on 13 years ago

Premier is very much alive and well, in good health and rightfully nudging it's way back towards centre stage.

band2

www.blenheimdrums.co.uk
Premier spare parts
Posted on 13 years ago

That's wonderful news!

Posted on 13 years ago

Awesome! It's always good to hear of a company surviving. Best of luck to them.

Dan

Posted on 13 years ago

Simply great to learn that this brand with such a big history intends to continue worldwide (in Germany as well).

I hope that they find the proper balance between tradition, design and development, which is tough enough nowadays.

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 13 years ago

...and they are bringing back the GENISTAS!! Woo-Hoo! Best move they could have made. I'm just now learning to get comfortable pronouncing that name.

Fantastic birch drums. Some of the best ever, IMO, and certainly one of Premier's best.

Dan

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here