Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

Premier Genista

I'm trying to determine the year that this kit was built as well as its "fair market value."

Also..........have any of you played a Premier Genista kit, same or silimar to this one? If so, could you please tell me the positives & negatives of your experience?

Does this kit have any "collectible" VALUE?

THANKS for your time and concern.Excited

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Hi, I have a Genista kit that i bought new in 1994 when they first came out. Production ended in 2001 I think. Very high quality and beautiful finish. Mine is Turquoise. The shells are all birch and undersized. I have had several other "modern" kits after I bought it but the Genista kit is the only one I've kept. I still use it today when I need a more "modern" sound than I get from my two old Slingerland kits. I've used the kit on a lot of live gigs and for recording and never had any negative experience with the Genista.

I have no idea what a "fair market value" would be. These kits don't show up on eBay that often.

Posted on 15 years ago

Hi, I own a Genista, bought brand new around ten years ago. Great kit to play, sounds great live and records beautifully.

Posted on 15 years ago

not really a collectible..yet.

Probably early to mid 90's (which sadly is getting to be vintage, how time has flown by!)

They were massed produced, readily available everywhere, but they are quite nice drums. My old music store use to sell a lot of them, they were great, and at one time we could sell them at MSRP.

It is true that they are undersized drums, but they are quality drums, and in my opinion are near the spectrum of high end drums. Their finishes were top notch and the tone you'd get from them are great.

Just throwing a number, a used shell pack including snare if it was selling at a music store might sell for $550-$750 in this economy...

I dont recall what we use to sell them for new.

Matt's Vintage Drums - Chicago, Illinois

I collect 6 lug Slingerland snare drums. Let me know if you have any for sale. Looking for Yellow Tiger, Silver Veil Pearl & Turquoise Veil Pearl
Posted on 15 years ago

The Genista's and Signia's are destined to become collectible in the future IMHO. Very good quality drums, very appealing looking, short manufacturing run and nice pedigree. Even now, some of the Signia snare drums are increasing in value.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here