Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

Premier Flat Based Cymbal Stands

I have a question, does anyone have a clue to what these little screws on each leg of this Premier stand are for? I have two of these stands, one has them on each leg, the other stand doesn't have any. I loosened and tightened it, didn't seem to do anything.

Thanks.

Posted on 2 years ago

I have not seen any of these stands in a long time, but maybe the screw holds the rubber foot in place? It would seem to me that Premier could buy rubber feet of the correct size but maybe an owner added them when his stands wobbled from the feet getting loose. Usually you see extra mystery screws in tom toms but I have seen some pretty strange home handy man alterations to drum hardware. Inquiring minds will get to the bottom of this...

Posted on 2 years ago

From Pedal_Pusher

I have not seen any of these stands in a long time, but maybe the screw holds the rubber foot in place? It would seem to me that Premier could buy rubber feet of the correct size but maybe an owner added them when his stands wobbled from the feet getting loose. Usually you see extra mystery screws in tom toms but I have seen some pretty strange home handy man alterations to drum hardware. Inquiring minds will get to the bottom of this...

Maybe, but that screw looks original Premier. Perhaps those Lockfast type stands mount screws at some year for the reason you previously explained and the other stand is from another year. That thing is a mystery for me too. C'mon, Premier gurus. We are waiting.

Posted on 2 years ago

Here's a picture of the stands with the kit, they are definitely cool, I just wish I could figure out what those screws are for.

Posted on 2 years ago

If you'll look to 1976/77 Premier Outfits brochure than you can see that these screws placed on every stands of all outfits except snare stands.

I suppose that scrwes are fixing rubber boots on stands legs only which can sliding on the floor during playing -- cymbal stands and HHS.

How such an idea?

Cheers,

George.

Posted on 2 years ago

I believe I only saw those screws on the hi- hat stands, which makes sense. Cymbal stands aren't going to creep away.

Posted on 2 years ago

They are for spikes that come out the bottom of the rubber feet. They have to be screwed in all the way. The spikes aren't very big. Unscrew one and you should see them on the end of the screw. It is possible that a previous owner didn't like them and filed them down.

Earlier stands didn't have them, except maybe on the hi hat stands. They added them to the cymbal stands at some point in the early to mid 70s. By the '78-79 catalog they show the Lokfast stands having large round metal feet with rubber bottoms.

1 attachments
Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here