Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Premier experts please! Not sure what is this...

Hi guys...i thought i had an Elite B304 kit but unsure.

sizes:

22x14 kick

13x9 Tom

14x10 Tom

16" Floor tom

Serial numbers on logo:

07325, 07892, 06746, 07781

Inside stamps:

2780, 2680,2280 and the last i don't know...worn off.

Originally had a color code of "J" of a Premier 1978 catalogs.

Had no die cast hoops. Bass drum legs is original not what they'e used on Olympic or Club.

Is this a Gig Maker or Elite?

Drum heads are not originally came with the kit, it was Premier Everplay and the kick drum had the old white Everplay front head with the premier logo on it.

Pic's attched.

Thanks !! :)

4 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

These are Premier Club from the 1980s with mostly correct parts

see the catalogue on www.drumarchive.com

Posted on 8 years ago

I'm not a Premier expert by far, but looking at the pictures, it seems to me that the drums are un-wrapped, stained in some amber stain and then lauquered or oiled. In other words: not a catalogue finish.

Vintage and custom drum projects:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...2305272732%3A6
Posted on 8 years ago

Thank you guys! So this is a Club from the 1980s but off-wrap. Cheers! If its a "Club" should not this be mentioned separately under the Premier logo?

Posted on 8 years ago

There is a natural wood finish noted in the catalog - the "Club" labels may not have been on exported drums as they may have had a different branding - are these in the USA?

Posted on 8 years ago

Thanks David...No. They are in Europe.....which catalog you have with the natural wood finish?

Posted on 8 years ago

The reason I say it is because of the slight texture I see in the wood. I've un-wrapped some Premier (and Beverley and Olympic) shell and they all had that vertically lined slight texture.

I recon that if they produced natural finishes, they would sand the drums smooth, something that is not necessary when you're planning to wrap a drum.

But, hey, as I said, I'm not an expert.

Vintage and custom drum projects:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...2305272732%3A6
Posted on 8 years ago

If you're on facebook, many of the Premier 'gurus' and resto experts as well as former employees are in this group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2229156558/

I also think its a Club ('80/81) with the wrap removed.

Posted on 8 years ago

There was a natural wood finish "khaya'

[Attachment: 93107]

1 attachments
158.5 kB
Posted on 8 years ago

thanks guys for the suggestions..really appreciate it! I wish you all a Merry Christmas and peaceful festive days...

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here