Hi, I traded a Ludwig for a premier set last night and I have a few questions. This is the 1st premier set Ive owned, and know little to nothing about premier. 1st is there a way to date them? Dont see any serial numbers or paper tags or any markings. I believe these are early to mid 60s from what he told me, the insides have no paint. I know pics would help but A. I dont have a camera B. I wouldnt know how to do it. So until I can get help doing this, roll along with me for the time being. 2nd. The 16 is international size which is slightly bigger then a american made 16. Is the snare, rack, bass like this also? To the eye they look the same. After work I was goin to try to swap heads to see myself. Are getting a hold of these types of heads hard, or $$$$? I use run of the mill nothing fancy remo amb. The snare wires are called double 10, 2 10 strands hooked together somehow, these need replaced. Who makes the best replacement? I saw pure sound has a double 8 which is probably close and another company, Baskey is the name maybe, makes the double 10. Anybody else make any? I messed with the 12 rack and was very surprised how much it sounded like my gretsch 12 3ply late 50s. It had that thing where you tension it higher and it sounded better to my ears then tuned low. I like that sort of high jazz tuning. Im hoping the rest are like this. Anybody own a premier and notice the same thing? Ludwigs and rogers choke and sound kinda bad when i tune em high, gretsch and premier seem the opposite. At least the 12. Brought my computer to work with me to try and get some info so when i get off I know what to expect and maybe go to Sam ash on my way. Thanks