Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Premier Drums????

I'm wondering what the difference is between the APK and the XPK drums made by Premier. I've searched all over and can't find any info on them. I know there are other lines as well, but I can't tell the difference between any of them that have the sort of square badge with the red P and made in England on them. How does one know what they are really buying when it comes to Premeir's?? Especially the sets from the 80's or 90's??? :confused:

Posted on 18 years ago

I've now given myself dain bramage from slamming my head, yet again, on the desk!!! I have contacted local music stores and even Premier dealers and they all have different answers on the wood composition, laquer or wrap etc.. Please help before I pop an eye out of socket!!! LOL Hurting

2 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago

Hi there, the APK drums were made from maranti and mahogany to the best of my knowledge (someone will out-knowledge me). The XPK had the same shells but with an outer play of birch or maple for the finish to be applied to. This is all from memory so dont shoot the messenger!!!

Posted on 18 years ago

Ok I've posted some other pics of it a couple of posts up. I was told that these are birch/Mahagony/birch/Maple. I have no idea. I know there is alot more grain both inside and outside than my Tama birch set has. It's a laquer finish which I think is beautiful. I do have the floor tom as well, but haven't finished cleaning it as of yet. So any info would be greatly appreciated. What years do you think these were made? 22x16, 12,13,16 floor tom. What snare would have come with this set? I know nothing about Premier. Thanks for the input bigz!! I appreciate any info you all provide to me. Cool Dude

1 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago

Hi, this xpk kit would have had a matching coloured snare drum. This is a mid- late 90's kit. Bigz

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here