Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

Premier Drums help identifying (circa 80's?)

Hi- I'm in a position where I need to sell my son's drum set. I would greatly appreciate it anyone is able to identify info about this set.

I only basically know what I have read on-line but have been on information overload. I can't figure out the specifications...what the wood is and so on. My guess is the year might be about 1986? My guess is the wood is Maple (just because it looks like Maple, but maybe it's Birch?) I need any helpful information so that I can place an ad on Craigslist. I need all the help that I can get so I don't give this away.

Sorry if my measurements are off but what I came up with is the 2 mounted toms are 10x9 3/4 and 12x10 3/4. The bigger one is 14" across x 13. The snare is 14 1/2 x 6 1/2. All the stands are original and so are the pedals for the bass and hi hat. The bottom (skins?) of the drums are all Premier. The heads are all Remo.

There is an extra snare that's not a Premier as well as "Granite" block bells, a ridge rider cow bell and double bass pedal. The bells can be mounted in between the toms.

Cymbals are

Paiste Hi Hit top 14",

Paiste full crash 17"

Sabian AA splash 10"

Sabian Hand Hammered HH Rock Ride 20"

Thanks in advance

Posted on 14 years ago

Here are the photos for these drums.

Posted on 14 years ago

Welcome As we always ask here, please post some pix. Jumping2 If you need some help figuring out how to post them, let me know. Where are you would also help make a determination.

Sorry, we were posting at the same time!

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Snare is missing the top tension rods?

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

That's a 1990's set looking at the nutboxes (the parts which hold the tension bolts) and the tom mount, and the hanging rather than free-standing floor. It looks like a fusion size kit, which I remember Premier issuing in that colour.

I'd say mid to late 90's, but not 100 per cent.

It probably is maple. It's not a collector's item, but being that your overseas, there's more collectability over there. Nonetheless, I saw one very similar go over here recently for around £250, and it didn't have as good cymbals, or extras. Hope this helps.

Tama Superstar, 22, 22, 16, 14, 13 Desert Burst
Premier Genista, 22, 16, 13, 12 Black Lacquer
Premier Genista, 20, 14, 10 and snare Black Lacquer
Premier Resonator 22, 16, 14, 13 poly creme/black
Zickos 22, 16, 14, 13, clear acrylic and snare
Posted on 14 years ago

Yes, the snare has a problem, one of the lugs (?) needs to be replaced. My son always preferred the other snare. The big tom hangs but the attachment used looks to be the only part that doesn't look like it's part of the set.

Posted on 14 years ago

We have the tension rods for the snare. We currently took them off when we were inspecting the broken lug (?).

Scroll down for picture of the broken part. (I needed the webmasters help to post my pictures)

Posted on 14 years ago

Maybe it's me, but that sure looks like the XPK kits of the 90's. That wouldn't be maple. It would have been Eucalyptus and ... something else that I don't recall.

Posted on 14 years ago

Here are the photos

2 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

I googled pictures of XPK and fusion sets. They look similar to a degree except for the font/logo.

This set does not any serial numbers on the badge nor other logos anywhere such as XPK.

Can anyone explain the difference in the bass drum covers? Why are some black?

I saw a finish that was Birch and Eucalyptus that looked similar.

PS- I'm not sure how my son got a pillow inside. I suppose that I should try to take it out?

Below is a picture of the badge.

Thanks

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here