Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Premier Dominion snare

Hey fellas, I bought a vintage Premier snare drum. I think it's a Dominion Major, but i have troubles identifying it since it didn't come with the hoops. It also didn't come with the tension rods, internal muffler nor the snare strainer lever to engage the snares. I would like to put it back together with original parts, can anyone help me out to finding the missing parts?. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The snare drum came with extra parts that cannot be used, they are Premier from the same era though, except the 6 extra lugs which I can't identify either.

I will post the pics of the strainer soon

Posted on 11 years ago

Here are the other pics of the 6 lugs and the snare strainer with butt end

2 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

It looks like a Major from the parts, circa 1935. You're not going to find many parts around especially in the States and rare in the UK. I've bought many derelict snares just to produce one good one. So if you want to fix that one, start trolling Ebay for the next year or two.

Posted on 11 years ago

You might start with these guys; http://hindleandheely.co.uk/

They might have at least some of the parts you need. I have a Dominion Ace, circa the same years, and they're great drums. Congratulations.

Good luck.

Vintage Drum Student
Posted on 11 years ago

Thanks relayer, I'm being helped by them. They have a few stuff that I need.

Posted on 11 years ago

Ok so I ordered tension rods and the hoops from Hindle&Heely but it's been almost 3 weeks since they received payment. How long does it take to ship from UK to NL, I mean really. I emailed them and no response in 5 days either. I hate to see this ending on a sour note.crying2-07

Posted on 11 years ago

btw which type tension rods fit this drum? would standard fit??

Posted on 11 years ago

Hi - Here's a link to my Dominion restore a while back - Good luck!

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=25946

Posted on 11 years ago

The drums is still not 100% finished but I thought I'd post the status so far. I got the right size tension rods, 3" is the correct length. I am still on the look out for the correct hoops, muffler and throw off though. Right now the throw off is home made from metal scrap I found at work. The hoops are for either 2000 serie snare or any snare of that era, late 60's to 70's I suppose.

The drum needs a good polish and a clear protective coat. To protect it from tarnishing further.

1 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here