Here's a Premier Dominion Minor Snare drum in used condition. All the parts seem original but the finish may have been painted as the inside of the drum has a white gloss oil based paint on it, but I don't really know if it is the way the drums were or not. The throwoff is missing some parts. As I searched for an hour or so for any info I could find, apparently this is an around-1940 drum, and the throwoff mechanism is what makes it a Dominion Minor. The Dominion Majors had a different snare assembly (possibly and inside and outside set of snare wire???)

I might add that the parallel throwoff is missing some parts. There is a handle missing on the throwoff, and there are some rods that go inside that are gone. I haven't decided whether to try to put a repro throwoff on it (without drilling any holes!!), or try to find the outside chance I can get the necessary parts to restore it?? .. Or, maybe I'll just sell it..

Premier experts, please feel free to wax eloquent on this interesting item! I thirst for knowledge of all things vintage drum...

BTW I am new at this site but have a similar topic posted on Drumforum.org, and I've yakked on DF, Cymbalholic, Groovologist, etc... This seems like a nice place to play!The Band