Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Premier 252 discovery...

I've been playing Premier 252's almost exclusively since the mid-80's.There has always been this issue-the beater rod for this pedal is larger than normal.I believe "normal" is 3/16".And the beater that is provided with the pedal is HEAVY compared to a Ludwig felt beater,which is my favorite all-around beater.The action is very unbalanced unless you tighten the spring way up.So I resorted to using the Ludwig beater in the larger hole,hoping it wouldn't go flying out while playing.Last week I purchased a used Rogers Memri-Loc era beater-the kind you can push down and turn from hard to felt.IT IS PERFECT!The rod is the right diameter,the length is just right,the balance is superb.The felt was worn out,but I replaced it with a small cross section of automotive heater hose.PERFECT AGAIN!Too bad this beater is out of production.

Posted on 13 years ago

Teverson- Man, I've had one of these sitting in a box in my basement for 20+ years. This is a excellent pedal, as smooth as they come. The only reason I haven't used it much, is because they are so bulky/heavy. My Speedking is what goes to gigs, rehearsals and gets used at home. But I do love the Premier.

Does anybody know what these buggers sell for these days?

John

1 attachments
131.8 kB
Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 13 years ago

I have seen them online selling anywhere from $35 to $125,the later model,like yours being on the higher end.Sorry I don't have a Speed King to trade....I have rebuilt some that were really only parts pedals.

Posted on 13 years ago

It's a sweet pedal alright. I only wish it wasn't so bulky/heavy. I'm getting older so I'm really trying to cut on weight when I play out. But it is a smooth, straight-board pedal of the highest quality. Premier, (England made,) really knows how build drums and parts well.

John

Posted on 13 years ago

Great pedal. I bought one when they first came out and still have it in my collection.

For the record, I hate when things like beater shafts and hi-hat rods are non-standard size.

JR Frondelli
www.frondelli.com
www.dbmproaudio.com

Mediocre is the new "good"
Posted on 13 years ago

Hey John! Great to see you here! Re: your complaint... blame it on all the metric/measurement differences between European made and USA made. Although there's pitiful less of the latter these days.

John

Posted on 13 years ago

From Purdie Shuffle

Hey John! Great to see you here! Re: your complaint... blame it on all the metric/measurement differences between European made and USA made. Although there's pitiful less of the latter these days.John

Hey John, I've been here for a little while. I like this place. :D

No, it's not the metric thing, because I have a Rogers Supreme pedal where they did that as well. It's a "more is more" thing. I remember Pearl doing that with HH stand upper rods at one point too.

JR Frondelli
www.frondelli.com
www.dbmproaudio.com

Mediocre is the new "good"
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here