Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Premier 250(S) pedals

I discovered these pedals by accident while looking at Premier 252 pedals. Apparently Keith Moon played these for awhile. Anyone have any experience with one? The 250 is the rounded footboard and the 250S is the angled footboard. Wondering about the action and feel of these pedals. They appear pretty simple with no real adjustments outside of spring tension and may gamble on one on curiosity alone, but most are shipped from the UK which won't be cheap, so it'd be cool to have some feedback from someone who's played one. Thanks!

2 attachments
Posted on 4 years ago

The late&great Colin Flooks aka Cozy Powell used them throughout his career,

They're modelled on Ludwigs Speed king design,

I DON'T know if Cozy ever broke his pedals or not,

There's a bloke here in "OZ" that has these pedals for sale shipping to USA may etc be cheaper.

Posted on 4 years ago

Those are neat looking!!

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 4 years ago

I see those on eBay here in the states pretty regularly. They generally don't go for very much.

Posted on 4 years ago

Here is a famous picture of Keith abusing a pair of 250's

[IMG]https://en.beatit.tv/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Moon-2-kra.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 4 years ago

Thanks all. Great Moon flick! They're pretty cheap when they pop up so I'll give one a try.

Posted on 4 years ago

I used to have one to make my B303 outfit complete. It's light, easy playing, but if you're used to today's function of bass drum pedals, keep away from them.

Playing it makes only sense if you want to have the genuine feeling of playing the bass drum like back in the early 70's.

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 4 years ago

From Ralf

I used to have one to make my B303 outfit complete. It's light, easy playing, but if you're used to today's function of bass drum pedals, keep away from them.Playing it makes only sense if you want to have the genuine feeling of playing the bass drum like back in the early 70's.Ralf

Thanks. I have all vintage drums but very little vintage hardware sans snare stands. I typically play Yamaha FP-6110A pedals, which are modern and simple, but I dislike Iron Cobras, DW 5000s etc. Would you say the Premier is that far off from a simpler low end modern pedal? I'm thinking maybe it's like a Speed King due to direct drive and maybe a bit better for heel-toe due to the board design?

Posted on 4 years ago

Hello Jay,

I'm afraid that I'm not the one to give you a tip in this matter:

- I love playing my IC with the Flexi-Glide,

- I never had a Speed King below my right foot and

- I play heel-down, always - no exception.

Especially the last point made it a little bit strange for me playing the 250S, as it has

no resting base to place the heel on ...

Sorry.

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 4 years ago

From Ralf

Hello Jay,I'm afraid that I'm not the one to give you a tip in this matter:- I love playing my IC with the Flexi-Glide,- I never had a Speed King below my right foot and- I play heel-down, always - no exception.Especially the last point made it a little bit strange for me playing the 250S, as it hasno resting base to place the heel on ...Sorry.Ralf

This actually helps! I only play heel down for quiet intricate stuff and use more sliding motions and the heel plate always takes away the active sections of the board as I have a 13 foot. It sounds like it may be what I'm looking for. Gonna get one and if it doesn't work $50 isn't the end of the world! Thanks.

Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here