Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Premier 2000 / Olympic snare parts match?

Hey all! Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if Premier 2000 and Olympic snares from same era (1970's) parts are interchangeable? Hoops, lugs, act? Have a Premier 2000 shell I'm trying to restore in the most cost effective (LOL) way. Thanks.

Posted on 6 years ago

Hmm...not sure, but I'm going to guess no. You can get 2000 snares for very decent prices these days, I've had two, paid very little. If you really want to go that route, some on here might know (Sean from the UK, probably). Or try this Premier FB group, there's some amazing Premier experts on there (including ex Premier employees).

- https://www.facebook.com/groups/PremierDrumsandPercussion/

Posted on 6 years ago

Thanks Trilok! Joined that FB group.

Posted on 6 years ago

Hello.....Putting a 2000 together with various parts will cost more than going out and buying one. If you want to put Olympic lugs on a 2000 shell they will fit so will any type of 14" hoop. Also the tension rods are all the same. You could recover the shell then fit it out with any lugs you like. I have a few 2000 snare drums plus some of the parts all over the place. Over here in the UK you can normally pic one up a 2000 snare drum very cheap but with some chrome loss. The ones with little small amounts of chrome loss will cost more. If you have a decent shell you need the complete flobeam. I actually sell the wires for the 2000 snare drums.......Thx sean

Posted on 6 years ago

Hi SeanT. Thanks for the reply. The shell itself is in decent shape. I have thought about just buying another 2000 for the parts or just keeping this one as a spare. I figured over in the UK it would be easier getting one than over here. Got family on the eastern coast (Ipswich, Felixstowe).

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here