Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Premier 2000 14" Snare Drum

The overall length from end to end on replacements of the snare from Puresound measures 16 1/8 from end to end. The Puresound model number for the snare is P21419, and it fits on with two screws at each end and then snaps into a slot to lock in. It seems this one is too long for the drum. When installed I run out of adjustment space on both sides and the snare is not tight enough. What am I doing wrong or is this snare too long? A slightly shorter snare is needed. Does anyone know what the right size is for this drum? If the right size can't be obtained, does anyone know of an individual or company who can cut the wires and re-sodder them to the end plates - it must look professional. I have the old snare wires which are stretched out and now measure 16" which is too long.

Posted on 13 years ago

Puresound got it wrong for the lengths. You'll have to resolder them yourself.

Posted on 13 years ago
www.blenheimdrums.co.uk
Premier spare parts
Posted on 13 years ago

Man, that's serious money!

Here in Holland, Majestic Percussion uses the same "hook behind a screw" wires on some of their snares. If I am correct they cost 6,50 euro per side (so, 13euro in total). Might be a good, cheaper alternative???

Will post some pics and exact length asap!

Grtz Wouter

Posted on 13 years ago

Maybe....

But I find in life, more often than not; you get what you pay for! Cool Dude

www.blenheimdrums.co.uk
Premier spare parts
Posted on 13 years ago

Hello,if this can help,I measured my snare from Premier 2003,i believe it is the same snare mehanizam as for 2000.Komplete lenght of snare is 16,o6",and from center of the holles on each side is 15,51",and it fits Ok on my snare drum

Hope this can help

________

Public Vid

1 attachments
Selling cymbals Made in Turkey

http://turkishcymbalserbia.weebly.com/
Posted on 13 years ago

you might find the components in your strainer are diecast and are bent, i remade mine out of steel 30yrs ago and never had a problem since, my most recent snare replacement was a combo set of wires not two individual sets of wires, very happy with, purchaced at my local music shop here in australia.

Posted on 13 years ago

I had similar problems with my 2000. I used old stock premier wires, rather than the puresound though. Basically I found that you could only get the tension with very fine tuning. The holes and the end of the wires go over the screw fittings, but not fully as you would imagine - when this happens you get the bowing problem. You have to put the wires over the screw fittings so they are JUST over the top of the fitting, then tighten. A very fiddly proceedure, but I did get mine to work.

Tama Superstar, 22, 22, 16, 14, 13 Desert Burst
Premier Genista, 22, 16, 13, 12 Black Lacquer
Premier Genista, 20, 14, 10 and snare Black Lacquer
Premier Resonator 22, 16, 14, 13 poly creme/black
Zickos 22, 16, 14, 13, clear acrylic and snare
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here