Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.05637%

Premier 1960s' Blue Pearls

Hi Folks,

I went to have a look at this beauty yesterday. Although I was very tempted I didn't buy it.

Asking price around 400 Euro.

I always fancied those old Premier kits: beautiful sounding, stunning finish and overall fabulous looking with those gorgeous lugs and die cast hoops.

I'm not very familiar with the various Premier model and the brand's timeline. Any idea what whe're looking at here: (date, model, rarity,... ?)

What would be a reasonable price for this kit.

Some details:

No extra holes and wrap in OK condition.

Premier 2000 snare with rather heavy pitting

1 original cymbal stand (not in picture)

20" Zildjian Avedis ride 1960s'

Lots of extra's and cases

Thanks for your advice

5 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

I'd buy them instantly... but I guess the prices are different in my country.

Sysl krysu nenahradi!

-196?-72 6ply White Oyster Amati
-1960s 3ply Red Sparkle Amati
- Zildjian, Paiste, Zyn, Istanbul

http://bandzone.cz/blueswan
Posted on 12 years ago

Great drums! Early to mid 60s. Are they 14x20; 12x8; 16x16?

A bargain at 400 Euros!

This is my Premier 'bop' set from 1969 with the later lug design. One of their virtues is their light weight. I bought them 2 years ago and they are now my main gigging set because of their being so much lighter than my beautiful 18/12/14 Sonor Phonics, with which I gigged for 25 years.

Posted on 12 years ago

Hi Royal ace,

Sizes are indeed: 20X14, 16X16 and 12X8.

If I wouldn't have already a couple of winter projects planned, I would have jumped on it immediately. I'm still very much tempted though,... I'm planning to make my final offer,...

Your 1969 kit is simply stunning, what a beauty!

That snare is Blue Pearls, isn't it ?

Posted on 12 years ago

From stedi

Hi Royal ace,Sizes are indeed: 20X14, 16X16 and 12X8.If I wouldn't have already a couple of winter projects planned, I would have jumped on it immediately. I'm still very much tempted though,... I'm planning to make my final offer,...Your 1969 kit is simply stunning, what a beauty! That snare is Blue Pearls, isn't it ?

Stedi,

Thank you!

My snare is indeed a 14x4 Blue Pearl Royal Ace from the same time period as the set you're considering.

It's a beautiful sounding drum in superb condition and rather rare, however, as I am fortunate to possess 3 other lovely Premier snares, it doesn't get played much.

If you do decide to acquire the set and you would be interested in completing it with a matching snare some time in the future, PM me. I might be persuaded to part with it.

This is a pic of me in Rome in 1964... along with my new bride... at a rehearsal with my brand new 20" and 12" Premiers... the same vintage as the blue pearls, except in solid black wrap. Ron

1 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

Postscript: Here's the snare drum. Ron

Posted on 12 years ago

Ron,

thanks for those superb pictures.

That snare is absolutely stunning and I know it'll sound likewise,... Not sure if I can find the funds but I will send you a PM if and when the kit will be mine.

That '64 picture is beautiful and must mean a lot to you,... I wasn't even born then but it must have been a joy to be there as newly weds back then. Makes me think of the setting in "The talented Mr. Ripley". Late 50's early 60's atmosphere combined with the greatest Jazz tunes of that time,... love it !

Stef

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here