Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Premier 1947 snare drum

Hi !

I just registred, and i am looking for the following part, to restore an old Premier snare.

The original snare wire is broken...it is twisted, veiled, and 2 strand are missing, it measure 16'inch.

You can see a view of the snare on the Premier website;

www.vintprem.moonfruit.com, just click on year, 1947.

The snare fit a paralell action strainer.

It's not royal ace or super ace or another, it's more old than this, there 's only 12 strands on the snare wire.

It's a 6,5 x 14' Premier snare, with die cast hoop, it is a triple flange black covering on metal shell, not brass.

It's a 8 old lugs, with slotted screw.

There is a badge outside, Premier " Made and registered in England ", every lugs is fixed with 2 screw and plate against vibration.

The tone control is equipped with a felt of the size of a penny

The inside of the shell is covered with an original cream painting color.

If anyone can help me, thanks for email, i can send pics for further information of the snare.

Thanks for your help...

Posted on 14 years ago

I found on the web site drumarchive.com, an old Premier catalog, before 1951, a view of the snare, it's called " Model " Black Duroplastic Metal Shell, 6,5 x 14.

In fact, maybe 2 kinds of paralell snare wire length, can fit the snare.

The 16' snare wire with 14 strand.

The 16' snare wire with 16 strand.

The paralll snare wire is hold by only 2 small screw at each extremity of the wire.

If anybody knew this, could help me ... to find a new era Premier " Model " snare wire.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on 14 years ago

Ebay will be your best bet to find replacements.

Wires can be repaired and restrung, do you have both end clips intact?

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here