Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Premier 10 Lug Snare I Bought it. What is it?

Gents, I have a 1979 Premier kit that needed a snare to complete.

This is the ebay snare I didn't buy (a 6021):

This is the one I did buy:

The logo on the ebay one is obscured on the top. I notice that the logo on the one I did buy is different and not obscured at the top. The word Premier runs through the big P on the ebay one, but on other one, that I did buy, the word Premier is to the right of the big P and down lower. Is the one I bought older? Different model? When I get it, I'll post better images. Meantime, thanx for your knowledge and patience for the new guy. Can't wait to hit that new to me snare! H.

2 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

hunter go to the Vintage Drum Identification, click on to drum badges and then click onto premier badges and you may find your answer there!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanx for the reply, nothing there similar. Found this site:

http://vintprem.moonfruit.com/#/badges/4194921

TONS of Premier info there. Looks like the late 80's on up badge to me... H.

Posted on 14 years ago

Your badge is 87-2000 and the one you passed on is 67-81. So, yes, your purchased drum is much newer than the one you passed on. You would need to track down a scan of the snare cats from 87-2000 to narrow down your snare i.d.

You would have done better to purchase the other snare if your desire was to match your kit.

Posted on 14 years ago

From mcjnic

You would have done better to purchase the other snare if your desire was to match your kit.

Yep. You're right, though I've learned that the 1035 isn't the "correct" match either. Close, but no cigar. I got a good enough deal on the one I bought to recoup the $ and keep looking for the 6021 or just let 'em start stacking up like cordwood. Can't get too many snares... Apparently. THANX for the reply. H.

PS: Shoulda put this in the NON-USA Forum. Sorry 'bout that.... H.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here