Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

Precision Drum Wrap

Just a quick question.

For you wrappers that have used Big P, is it normal for them to ship the wrap over sized and expect you to trim it? ... or, should I have expected that they would ship it cut to the measurements that I ordered? Just curious. Great company and excellent service. Wanted this answered before I get on the phone. They bent over backwards for me and I really don't wish to complain. I got my wrap for the 20 x 14 bass at a half an inch too wide. Is that normal? Also, my inlay strip is about a 10th of an inch too narrow. I checked the order form and it all looks correct. Having never ordered wrap from them, I was wondering is this the normal way to get it? I've always ordered wrap (from several dealers) and gotten it cut very precisely. I can only recall trimming once or twice in all the drums I've covered over the years.

Now that I have to trim an entire bass drum, do you have any suggestions on how best to pull that off? This is not the easiest stuff to cut. I've done my share and have found it a bit of a fight at times.

Thanks.

Posted on 15 years ago

Yes that is normal for Precision to cut them slightly larger than the dimensions given. They do that so you have room for error. As far as the bass strips, I believe they go slightly narrower to make sure the strips fit in the channel in the hoop properly.

As far as trrimming the excess off the shell......once the glue is dry for about a day, I go back with my trusty Fiscars scissors and trim it flush with the shell. Note my (well formerly mine as I sold it a while ago) green sparkle Ludwig be-bop set in the Gallery secion. That was Precision's wrap and trimmed with said trusty Fiscars.....lol

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here