Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Possible vint. Japanese BD w/cool wrap

I don't know WHAT this is...but the seller thinks it's a Ludwig and I know it's not a Ludwig. My guess is that it's a Japanese drum...but maybe it's European. Any guesses bassed on the pictures?

Here is the auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LUDWIG-WEATHER-MASTER-BD-BASS-DRUM-DB-1000-HEAVY-GREEN_W0QQitemZ220123801687QQihZ012QQcategoryZ38093QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

Yes, the hardware says Japanese stencil. Possibly a Kent.

Posted on 17 years ago

The lugs don't look very Kent-like. More like a Slingy copy, no?

If there's no badge, then it's likely an import. Easy way to tell is seeing the inside of the drum/grain pattern.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 17 years ago

Yah, your right...on second look it does look Slingish.:o

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

I don't know WHAT this is...but the seller thinks it's a Ludwig and I know it's not a Ludwig. My guess is that it's a Japanese drum...but maybe it's European. Any guesses bassed on the pictures?Here is the auction link:http://cgi.ebay.com/LUDWIG-WEATHER-MASTER-BD-BASS-DRUM-DB-1000-HEAVY-GREEN_W0QQitemZ220123801687QQihZ012QQcategoryZ38093QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you supersize the pic of the top of the bass drum you can barely read it in the center circle. It says STAR which I thought it was from the Slingerland knock off lugs. You have to look very close to see it.:D Then again I could be seeing things...long day at work!!!

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

If you supersize the pic of the top of the bass drum you can barely read it in the center circle. It says STAR which I thought it was from the Slingerland knock off lugs. You have to look very close to see it.:D Then again I could be seeing things...long day at work!!!

Wow! You're right! It definitely says "STAR". -Good eyes!Burger Kin

Posted on 17 years ago

edited by me due to photo not working

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here