Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Possible "Jupiter"sighting....

A drum listed on Ebay may be the COB I need to outfit my stencils for pro work.Is there a way of discerning a COB from a COS besides the magnet test?Lister says a magnet doesn't stick.Number of lines,vent hole placement,etc????

Posted on 14 years ago

From teverson-sr

A drum listed on Ebay may be the COB I need to outfit my stencils for pro work.Is there a way of discerning a COB from a COS besides the magnet test?Lister says a magnet doesn't stick.Number of lines,vent hole placement,etc????

Is this the one on ebay? I saw that and asked for verification, no response. I would make certain before doing anything on this one. I also saw one on C/L and I am almost certin it's not a Jupiter, even sellers says it is. He has yet to provide good clean pix, the ad pic is too vague to tell if it is a Jupiter, but looks like a regular COS.

The only way I know is to get a picture and verify it. I don't if they made COS Jupiters. I thought they were all COB, but then I have not owned one....yet.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

The Ebay one isn't listed as a Jupiter-he just says a magnet doesn't stick to the "frame".

Posted on 14 years ago

link to auction

If it's this one that your talking about - I bet 100 clams that it's COS. I have the identical one to this and love it- use it live often- great drum- but not a COB. This one is a 79-81 COS

Jupiters most often have a distinctive parallel strainer - that huge, boxy looking mechanism.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

Well,here is why I'm asking.The catalog scans show one year with the steel shell having 2 lines,and Jupiter referring to the COB shell,not the snare mechanism.Jupiters having 3 lines,5 or 6 1/2 tall and either snare mechanism.I now own at least 4 steel snare drums-that is way enough.

Posted on 14 years ago

I saw in the 1980 (I think it was 80) catalog that same thing- where most of the chrome snares on the chart were actually COB- only one was COS. They clearly showed that it was possible to get a COB without the big parallel strainer. IF you can find that you would have the best of both worlds- a lighter and more simply designed COB. BOL - I hope you canExcited

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here