Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Possible buy...what is it worth? Tiger's Eye Crest kit

I may have the chance to buy a Tiger's Eye wrapped MIJ Crest kit. I really don't need any more kits and don't really have room for them but I love rare(ish) vintage wraps. What do you think a good price for this kit would be?

1 attachments
Posted on 4 years ago

I came back and revised my numbers: $250-$300 at best, and if you can grab them for less, do it. Can't tell too much from the photo. Any hardware or cymbals? Any extra drill holes or mods? They don't look too bad. Maybe a good cleaning, new heads and proper tuning will do it.

Posted on 4 years ago

They look pretty beat up to me in that one pic. Am I wrong?

I wouldn't give more than $200 myself, even given the cool wrap...

Posted on 4 years ago

From JimmySticks

They look pretty beat up to me in that one pic. Am I wrong?I wouldn't give more than $200 myself, even given the cool wrap...

They don't look bad, Jim. Maybe a couple marks on the rack tom, but all in all, not bad at all. In need of cleaning and heads.

Posted on 4 years ago

From DrumBob

They don't look bad, Jim. Maybe a couple marks on the rack tom, but all in all, not bad at all. In need of cleaning and heads.

Ok, I defer to you Bob. I thought I could be wrong, but it's only 1 pic, so it's kind of hard to judge.

But yeah, new heads for sure. That BD head almost looks water stained, or something. I would have put new heads on before advertising it. I might ask to see a shot of the inside of the shell to make sure all is well.

Posted on 4 years ago

This is the only pic I have to go by unfortunately. This is actually at a guitar center store. I think I'm going to get it. It will be around $200 after taxes etc. I like that it has the original snare as well! Don't think there is anything included that isn't pictured.

Posted on 4 years ago

Wow, I'm kind of surprised a Guitar Center would deal with MIJ stuff. Seems like a low profit margin item for them.

What is that strip running through the bass drum behind the head? I didn't notice it the first time around, and I thought the BD had a big chunk missing from the wrap, but it's that strip coming through the hoop! Duh.

Anyway, 200 looks right. Keep us posted and put up some food pics if you get it.

Posted on 4 years ago

Yeah, that is some old school bass drum muffling :) Looks to me like it's an old kit that hasn't been played in 50 years.

Posted on 4 years ago

GC will sell MIJ drums. I've seen them in various stores.

Posted on 4 years ago

I ordered the kit :) Anybody have any info on Crest? I figure they are Pearl stencil kits.

Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here