Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

POP Transition Ludwig

This 20" bass and 12" tom had been painted light brown! It looked like coffee had been pured over it, too.When I got it most of the paint had been removed, most likely with a solvent which crazed the finish. I wet sanded and polished them, fixing what I could. Most of the hardware is original.

larry Jumping2

p.s. anyone got a matching snare and floor tom for sale?!

1 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

Beautiful drums. Hope you find a matching 14" for that!

Posted on 12 years ago

Rare find!

I bought a set of those YEARS ago from my drums wanted ad in the G.R. Press ,and the 15 YO kid on the phone was calling them Psych Red.....

it was almost 2 sets in total .......I recall 2 BD's,and I want to say a 16 and a 18 FT.......pieced together..not bought all at 1 time.

I asked enough questions to find out that they were POP! (no serial numbers etc)

His parents drove them down 150 miles to me from the north of Mich ,and all the lugs were VERY pitted......

I put real clean ones on,and Bun E bought most or all of them from me........

I think he flipped them to Mario Rivera from Cali at this years Chicago show>(see the brand new Classic Drummer zine) .You might want to contact Mario.

The kit came with a COB 400 also I remember.Wanna say I payed $450 for everything,but it was so long ago,can't be sure......

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 12 years ago

What a killer find man!!! Yea call Mario...maybe you can get what you need from him? Cheers and Enjoy!!!

Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks everyone. I did get very lucky! I've sent an email to the "oyster king". (PLEASE SANTA!)

larry

Group Hug

Posted on 12 years ago

beautiful. my goal is to own anything in this wrap one day. i love it.

mike

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here