Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

Plug orig. Ludwig tom holder holes Oy. Black

I was happily unaware until last night at his band's concert ( Beatles tribute ) that my friend here in Japan - Morita san ( for whom some years ago I procured a mint '66 Ludwig Oyster Black Pearl kit ) - removed the original Ludwig tom holder and tom mount and replaced them with Rogers Swivomatic a la Ringo . I couldn't believe he did it !!! So now , 3 out of the 4 original factory holes remain unplugged ( one covered by part of Swivo ) . I was wondering if someone in US makes or could make 3 dowels for Morita with Oyblack caps . Of course he's prepared to pay for the parts/service . Any recommendations / suggestions would be greatly appreciated .

1963 Gretsch Progressive Jazz Champagne Sparkle
1967 Ludwig Super Classic Oyster Blue Pearl
Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute Burgundy Spkl. bop
etc...
Posted on 8 years ago

After the deed was done .

1 attachments
etc...
Posted on 8 years ago

I did a repair a while back you could not see it the size of a quarter its in the archives

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 8 years ago

From jazzbo

I was happily unaware until last night at his band's concert ( Beatles tribute ) that my friend here in Japan - Morita san ( for whom some years ago I procured a mint '66 Ludwig Oyster Black Pearl kit ) - removed the original Ludwig tom holder and tom mount and replaced them with Rogers Swivomatic a la Ringo . I couldn't believe he did it !!! So now , 3 out of the 4 original factory holes remain unplugged ( one covered by part of Swivo ) . I was wondering if someone in US makes or could make 3 dowels for Morita with Oyblack caps . Of course he's prepared to pay for the parts/service . Any recommendations / suggestions would be greatly appreciated .

While you wait on the permanent repair, sharpen a black crayon in a pencil sharpener, push it in , snap it off or use a flat blade, smooth with your fingers.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 8 years ago

I sent you a PM.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

Ringo's "Sullivan" kit had rivets in the old holes.

So if you want it to be legit Beatles kit try that.

Look it up on ringosbeatlekits.com

I like Drums...
1963 Ludwig Downbeat Champagne Sparkle
1964 Leedy (Slingerland) Blue n Silver Duco
1964 Ludwig Club Date Sparkling Silver Pearl
1966 Ludwig Super Classic Sparkling Silver Pearl
1968 Gretsch round badge modern jazz orange stain
1972 Slingerland 85N Pop outfit Light Blue Pearl
1976 Ludwig Vistalite clear
1981 Gretsch SSB Gran Prix Rosewood
1987 Yamaha Turbo Tour Custom Mellow Yellow
1991 Pearl Export Ferrari Red
Posted on 8 years ago

From clubdate64

Ringo's "Sullivan" kit had rivets in the old holes.So if you want it to be legit Beatles kit try that.Look it up on ringosbeatlekits.com

Thanks for that info . The owner of the kit would prefer to insert dowels and Oyblack covering caps , though . I still can't believe he operated on those pristine drums !

etc...
Posted on 8 years ago

I would find a small piece of wrap..use a paper hole punch tool to pop out 3 round pieces of wrap...glue them all to the end of 3 lil pieces of wood dowels that are the right diameter.

Also apply alil glue to the "sides" of the dowels ...Then gently tap them into place.

Wipe clean, and let set, for the day.

The biggest challage would be to line up the pattern on the dowel side to the Bassdrum

Pattern.

Bop iT / Til U Drop iT.

ROGER's
1964 Cleveland,.18/14/12 in WMP
1966 Cleveland, 20/14/12 O'natural.
Fullerton,...20/16/13/12 Silver Glass

WFL
1957 B/R Super Classics In WMP

Snares..
Wood & COB Powertones,
Wood & COB Dynasonics,
57 Jazz Festival