Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Pls help me identify this Slingerland set

I received this set in 1974 for my 8th birthday and I've held on to it for all of these years. I am hoping that someone can help by telling me what name this set actually is, a value range and a suggested sale price. I can't seem to locate on internet. I know it was purchased in '74 for about $1400.00. The badge is black/silver and serial numbers range from 251, 252, 263 and 277. The finish is black leather, I think; the shell is wood, natural inside. It includes 13, 14 and 18" toms and a 24" bass drum. The snare is 14 x 6 chrome. I also have one original hi-hat stand, one original snare drum stand and one cymbal stand- all slingerland. All hardware is original. Any help or advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Posted on 14 years ago

Do some research on this site. Here's a head start.

http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/slingerland_drumsets.html

Posted on 14 years ago

You have what's listed in the '76 catalog as the "Super Rock" outfit # 51N.

It wasn't shown in my '73 catalog.

List price in '76 was $890 and most east coast music stores gave 30-40% off list.

Slingerland didn't list a black leather finish, but I vaguely remember some finishes which I think were called cordova and were like a leatherette type wrap.

In excellent original condition the set would now probably get $500-800. (The higher end if they're 3 ply shells...less if they're the 5 ply drums.

In most cases those solid finishes in larger sizes don't get a lot of repsect, although I'm sure it's great set. Post photos if you can.

Unless you absolutely need the $ or don't have any drum interestanymore, you should probably hold onto them. These forums are littered with guys that regret selling their first good set...

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here