Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Please help with throne identification

My parents went to North Carolina back in the early 1980's bought a psychedelic drumset without the matching throne and snare drum. My dad commented to the pawn shop owner what about a throne, snare drum, cymbal stands, hi hat stand cymbals. So, the pawn shop owner through a hodge podge of these items in for the sale. I have no clue what I have but I think most of it is from the 60's or 70's ludwig brand. My dad bought this when I was in either junior high school or freshman year of high school. So, as a kid I rearranged or maybe even put snare drum parts in with cymbal stand parts and so I would also like to see pictures of those stands to see how those parts go back together. I will try to place those unidentified hardware up in later posts. I wanted to first find out about the make, model and year of this throne please see pictures. Thank you all for the help. Robert

2 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago

Hi Robert...

What you have here is a Slingerland Relaxon Throne. I had one of these back in the day... and it seved me well... then. I know that these came out in the mid to late 70's.

The Relaxon Throne was a model UP from Slingerland's economy throne, which was called the Rocket Throne. Back in 1975, the Relaxon Throne would set you back a whopping $44.00. Hope this was of help.

Tommyp

Posted on 18 years ago

Quoted post

Hi Robert...What you have here is a Slingerland Relaxon Throne. I had one of these back in the day... and it seved me well... then. I know that these came out in the mid to late 70's.The Relaxon Throne was a model UP from Slingerland's economy throne, which was called the Rocket Throne. Back in 1975, the Relaxon Throne would set you back a whopping $44.00. Hope this was of help.Tommyp

Thank you for identifying this throne for me and have been wondering the past 25 years. I was really excited on your left response. Regards, Robert

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here