Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Please help to indentify my Gretsch Snare ...

Hello everybody,

i am the owner of a Gretsch Snare witch comes with a Sonor Set. As i got the whole kit i dont know much about vintage drums. Now i have read something but i cant get any real information. What i need to know is how old my Gretsch could be. Take a look at the pictures.

Facts:

Gretsch Snare Model 4157, Serial 6048, Silver Paint Inside, Gold Sparkle Outside, Dimesions 5,5 x 14, 8 Plugs, Round Badge.

Thanks a lot ....

3 attachments
Posted on 17 years ago

Round badge with a label puts it 1963-1969. The low serial number means it is probably from 63, maybe 64. The screw-heads holding on the lugs should be round (normal pan-head screws) not hex shape heads. If they are hex head it is from later in the 60's with a low serial number. How many lugs does it have? Is it missing its top rim? Color is called champagne.

Let me know if you want to sell!

Posted on 17 years ago

Hello 4MoreYearsOhNo,

sorry, i wrote 8 PLUGS, but it should be 8 LUGS. I put the top rim away to make photos of the inside. The screws are round and normal pan-haeds. Missing is the

strainer ?pin?, the last owner replaces it with a srew (look on the picture). On the other side of the snare (other side of the badge) there is a hole and anything misses, maybe a second badge or something? Last some wire coils are missing, see new pictures.

Thanks for response...

2 attachments
Posted on 17 years ago

That gaping hole is for the Gretsch key holder and snap-in key. Those got yanked out from time to time. It's not the easiest part to find (the holder). Sometimes you beat up marching drum and rob that part from it.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here