Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Please help Premier Dominion ACE Snare Drum

Hi

I hope someone can help me, I have bean playing on a Premier Dominion ACE snare drum for the past 20 years, but have been wondering how old it could be. I bought it at a second hand shop in Newcastle England some 20 years ago. It is 14"x 71/2" with 2 snares, one on the btm and one under the top skin. It has no Premier badge but has Premier enscribed on the top rim and Dominion ACE on the btm Rim

Regards Phil

Attached Thumbnails

2 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago

phil,i beleive that the dominion ace snare drum was made in 1941. i have one myself.the price was 10pounds and 10shillings when new.there is a site with old premier magazines and all the information is in there,hope this helps.

Posted on 17 years ago

phil,the site for more information on premier drums,is drumarchive.com click on premier and old cataloges come up.the first one has information and pictures of the ace snare drum.

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

Hi I hope someone can help me, I have bean playing on a Premier Dominion ACE snare drum for the past 20 years, but have been wondering how old it could be. I bought it at a second hand shop in Newcastle England some 20 years ago. It is 14"x 71/2" with 2 snares, one on the btm and one under the top skin. It has no Premier badge but has Premier enscribed on the top rim and Dominion ACE on the btm RimRegards PhilAttached Thumbnails

It was made before WWII, Premier factory was bombed so no drum production after '39 until late 40s. The is a Dominion Ase, the '39 version had a badge. The 1937 has no badge only engraved Premier on the rim

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here