Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Please help! Need value on Rogers kit???

I have a quick question about the approx. value of a Rogers kit. Several years ago a guy bartered with my husband for a service and he wound up with this set. Anyway, we are selling it. I have determined that it is a early 60s from the info I got off this site. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! It is a 4 piece: bass, floor tom, tom-tom and snare. It has the original snare, high hat stand(missing connector from pedal to spring in the stand) and bass pedal (has leather). The stands need a little work. It has the bread and butter lugs which many are cracked and or broken. It also has the Swivomatics. Thats how I figured it was 60's. The shells are in good shape (no delanination inside and the wrap is not cracked or peeling. The wrap is I believe the white pearl. A bit yellowing. It has the L arm for the tom-tom and two L arms for cymbals that all attatch to the bass. The deco wrap is unglueing from the bass rim. It definately needs heads. Oh, and it has a matching storage throne too. I mean it needs some re-work. The tags inside the tom-tom and the snare both have the Holiday series and manufactued in Cleveland, Ohio. I put it up and within 20 min. several people want me to put a buy it now price and I have no idea of what would be fair. Other than what I've learned on here I have a general idea of drums but that's it. You're the experts, Please help!! Thank you in advance for any info you could give me!:confused:

Posted on 16 years ago

Hi, Liz.

There is no way to appraise your drums for a Buy-It-Now price without first seeing some detailed photos...but, nonetheless, your best bet is to allow the auction to run its course. Most people who would be interested in something like that would have to know how to fix/replace the broken pieces...and are likely willing to pay what they are willing to pay. Let the market decide what they are worth. The fact that you have had several people interested in them is an indication that you may get some nice bids. Good luck!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

That throne is worth bucks. Dont short sell these. If you let the auction run, theres a chance it might finish out around 2,000, but thats hard to say with the B&B lugs, if these were beavertails ..... 3500. Condition dont look bad. Theres a lot of restoration work to be done with the lugs. But dont short sell yourself.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

Hi, Liz.There is no way to appraise your drums for a Buy-It-Now price without first seeing some detailed photos...but, nonetheless, your best bet is to allow the auction to run its course. Most people who would be interested in something like that would have to know how to fix/replace the broken pieces...and are likely willing to pay what they are willing to pay. Let the market decide what they are worth. The fact that you have had several people interested in them is an indication that you may get some nice bids. Good luck!

Thank you so much for responding. I really appreciate it!

Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

That throne is worth bucks. Dont short sell these. If you let the auction run, theres a chance it might finish out around 2,000, but thats hard to say with the B&B lugs, if these were beavertails ..... 3500. Condition dont look bad. Theres a lot of restoration work to be done with the lugs. But dont short sell yourself.

Thank you also! I am going to leave it be. I didn't expect the response I wound up getting and got a little freaked out. lol. Thank you once again. You guys are great!

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here