Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Please Help Me

I am planning on buying a 10" Zildjian Splash cymbal and I want to save some money by just buying an arm. Would this work? (does size matter? am i confused with something else?)

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/et8bax.jpg[/IMG]

If there are other ways to add a cymbal other than a completely new stand, what are they?

You can call me Carter!
1980's Gretsch Red Rosewood
2000's Gretsch Catalina Birch
Zildjian/Paiste - Remo - Pro Mark/Vic Firth

Posted on 14 years ago

Yep, that will work. Or any other boom arm, cymbal clamp, dogbone, stacker, etc.

Check out Gibraltar or DW for hardware.

Posted on 14 years ago

From JRichard

Yep, that will work. Or any other boom arm, cymbal clamp, dogbone, stacker, etc.Check out Gibraltar or DW for hardware.

Will the arm in the example picture fall off at all? I noticed that there is no grip and I don't want the arm to keep sliding down.

You can call me Carter!
1980's Gretsch Red Rosewood
2000's Gretsch Catalina Birch
Zildjian/Paiste - Remo - Pro Mark/Vic Firth

Posted on 14 years ago

No, it will not fall off. No one would buy them if they didn't work as advertised.

Jeff
Posted on 14 years ago

From warwormx

I am planning on buying a 10" Zildjian Splash cymbal and I want to save some money by just buying an arm. Would this work? [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/et8bax.jpg[/IMG]If there are other ways to add a cymbal other than a completely new stand, what are they?

I've used +/- the exact same deal as you have in the pic - a Tama swivel bracket that clamps to my crash cymbal stand, with the other side clamped to an old cymbal stand boom arm. I use it for a 12" Wuhan China. It works totally fine, no slippage. (pic 1)

I did a different 'cheater' method for my 8" Zildjian splash - a Gibraltar unit called an SC-CA - it's a vertical-horizontal-vertical (kinda zigzag) rod (i think your pic is the SC-CPM) - The SC-CA doesn't have the tilter, which is a small bummer, but it was pretty cheap at guitar center. For my purpose - CHEEP is good Yes Sir

What I did was to put the rod directly into the tom mounting bracket on my Ludwig Standard 13" tom (I mount the drum on a snare stand). It works kinda OK, but is not ideal - however, it's very compact. I just wish it had a tilter.

2 attachments
...but when he played on his drum, he made the stars explode....
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here