Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Please help me identify these Yamaha drums...!!!

My buddy found this Yamaha kit in the junk yard a couple of days ago. The kit is 22-12-13-16. I have searched the model number and serial number without luck. Can someone please help me identify these drums...? The pictures are from the 12 inch tom.

Posted on 14 years ago

The 78'catalog shows this style badge,but a more modern style mount.The 69'catalog shows a clip mount and an older badge,but the same lugs.I'm going to guess 1976.

Posted on 14 years ago

What material do you think that is??? birch? - ...and what's with the re-rings..? is that usual for Yamaha drums?

Posted on 14 years ago

I've got scans of an old Yamaha cat from Selmer days (it's an English cat) and noted that the series runs in the 200's (225, etc.). Your tom has a 295 model number. That clues me in that it might run around this area. Unfortunately, all of the kits in my scans are of clips. Yours are definitely later runs. I would have to agree with what's been stated here already. I don't believe I would go beyond 78 for this, though. It would appear older than that.

Posted on 14 years ago

I think a picture of everything-tom mount,spurs,etc might help.Looks like lauan with hardwood rerings to me,maybe poplar.Not a hi-line set,probably base model.The price was right!The screw that tightens the tom on the hex rod is like the later ones,but the mount itself looks older.Transition period,I guess.Hopefully O-bop will chime in soon-

Posted on 14 years ago

I had a yamaha cat from 77/78 that had two series in it 700 and 900 series,one series was birch the other was birch and falkata,no re rings,but tha lugs were the same or very similar to yours,very much like a gretsch tail light.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here