Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Please help ! Is this bent ?

Just picked up this older Yamaha Flying Dragon Single Chain pedal to have as a spare, and was wondering if anyone can chime in with this concern i have. The pedal works great, smooth as silk, fast, etc.. All parts are in working order. Only when i got home to clean up and lube the pedal did i notice something. The pedal plate seems bent. The reason why i say seems is that when i place it on my kick hoop it doesn't wobble or anything, and both the heel part and front part of the pedal lay pretty flat on the surface.. When i checked out some pics on the internet of my pedal, the plate looks straight but i can't really tell. I personally think the plate is bent, but it doesn't affect the stability, at least for now on my floors here at home. Now my questions are to anyone who can answer them are--

Is this pedal supposed to be arched in the center like it is ?

If it's not, should i attempt to carefully bend it back into place ?

If i do, will it affect the stability of the pedal ?

The pedal works fine, but i paid $60 for it, and even though it's a good deal, i feel like i got jipped and did not get my money's worth..

Any and all thoughts are appreciated..

Cheers,

Rob

Posted on 7 years ago

Sorry, forgot to post pics.. DOH Also, i found a video on Youtube of the double chain version,

and is it just me, or does this pedal also have that arch in the center of the plate ?? FFWD exactly to 1 min. in and you can see it !

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKiKl6WV0k8"]Yamaha "Flying Dragon FP9310 Professional Model" single bass drum pedal ~ Demo - YouTube[/ame]

Posted on 7 years ago

I have no idea if the arch should be there or not! but I think it is part of the design, much the same as a shoe or the bottom of your foot (if your not flat-footed) gives 2 good support points, were as a flat plate might not hold if the floor was off a bit.

Posted on 7 years ago

From burgundy

I have no idea if the arch should be there or not! but I think it is part of the design, much the same as a shoe or the bottom of your foot (if your not flat-footed) gives 2 good support points, were as a flat plate might not hold if the floor was off a bit.

Yes, you're right..Makes absolute sense, and i did notice on closer inspection that it is in fact part of the design of the foot plate, as you can clearly make it out at 1:02 when he flips the pedal over. So i guess i won't be fiddling with the plate, and best part is, i did NOT get jipped ! ;)

Thanks for your input Burgundy !

cheers,

Rob

Posted on 7 years ago

I have the Direct Drive version of that exact pedal, and my floor plate looks "bent" exactly the same as yours. It is definitely part of the design.

You have to hand it to Yamaha. They think of everything! I've never had a bad experience with anything Yamaha drum related. Their hardware lasts a lifetime. Even their low end kits sound really good. I played a "YD" series kit once, and that was Yamaha's lowest end kit at the time. Still came with wood bass hoops and if you had told me it was a pro level kit while I had my eyes closed, I would've believed you. Even their mid-priced Stage Custom kits are better than most drums at twice the price.

Posted on 7 years ago

From vyacheslav

I have the Direct Drive version of that exact pedal, and my floor plate looks "bent" exactly the same as yours. It is definitely part of the design.You have to hand it to Yamaha. They think of everything! I've never had a bad experience with anything Yamaha drum related. Their hardware lasts a lifetime. Even their low end kits sound really good. I played a "YD" series kit once, and that was Yamaha's lowest end kit at the time. Still came with wood bass hoops and if you had told me it was a pro level kit while I had my eyes closed, I would've believed you. Even their mid-priced Stage Custom kits are better than most drums at twice the price.

Thanks for the info vyacheslav.. I realized this soon after i inspected the video i posted.. Gotta hand it to Yamaha for sure .. I'm really happy with this pedal..Feels smooth, quick but not too light.. Perfect pedal..

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here