Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Please help identify

I bought both of these tom at a yard sale for 20$. The first one is a 9x13. It's got 6 large beavertail lugs. The other is a 16x16 floor tom with 8 large beavertail lugs. Both drums have the "Slingerland Radioking" stamped or engraved in th top hoop, I'm not sure which. The g in king looks different than all that I've seen. The hoops have the straight edge they are not the stick saver hoops, but they look to be chrome. Neither drum has ever had a badge or vent hole. All the washer are stamped slingerland chicago ill. They are mahogany shells with 2 1/4" maple reinforcement rings. The bearing edge is a smooth radius rather than a straight chamfer. I have the original tom mount but someone replaced it with the 60's diamond shape mount. The finish is duco blue/silver. Any information would be helpfull thanks, Tom

Posted on 15 years ago

While no expert, I believe they are Slingerland Radio Kings from the fifties at the latest. Why? The Floor tom brackets pre date the push button brackets that Slingerland went to in the very late fifties/early sixties. Slingerland also went to a more streamlined lug during this period.

Try the Vintage Drums or the Drum Doctor for more info.

Best of luck

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here