Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Please Can You Help Me To Identify My Dads Old Snare

Hi,My Dad was a musican fron 1928 to 1981. My dad and his 6 brothers had a band and night club in New Londin CT. My dad was the drummer and when he retired he gave me his drum set,the snare is what is in question. So i"m looking to identify the year and what it is worth.The badge says Frank Wolf, New York,N.Y. and on the snare lever it says Gretch and is gold sparkle and I think the rims are brass. On the inside there is no date or numbers if you can give me any information, I would greatly appreciate it, Thank You Pat

Posted on 18 years ago

If you could post a few photos that may help out a little bit. From what I found on this website was this ( http://www.vintagesnaredrums.com/frank_wolf.html ) So i'm pretty sure the Webmaster here can shed further light into the snare of question.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 18 years ago

Yes, we need to see that snare drum. I have seen a few Frank Wolf Snare drums, they are not common and pretty rare.

Gold Sparkle would be a nice drum if it is all original with no missing

parts.

Please send me picks and I can post it for you.

By the way, does the top and bottom head have the same number of lugs?

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Hi, Thank you for your response. The snare is all original and there are more lugs on the top then the bottom. Their are 12 lugs on top and 6 lugs on the bottom. Their is also a separate knob for adjusting sound. I tired to post pictures but for some my computer will not allow me to post the pictures. If you send me your email address I will send the pictures via email.

Thank You

Pat

Posted on 18 years ago

O.k. you have what is called a two-to-one.

Email them to

[EMAIL="vsd@vintagesnaredrums.com"]vsd@vintagesnaredrums.com[/EMAIL]

David

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here