Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Played first Jazz gig with my Jazz sized Kents!

Not my first ever Jazz gig, but the first one using my red sparkle 20", 12", 14" Kent kit.

Band was a trio (drums, sax and keys) and the drums sounded and felt great. I couldn't be happier with them. Now I just need to scrounge up a couple more of these gigs a year.

It was also cool because I've never played with these particular musicians before. No rehearsal, just open the Real Book and call a tune. Great musicians and a great night!

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 14 years ago

Cool Daddy-O !!

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

From big daddy

Not my first ever Jazz gig, but the first one using my red sparkle 20", 12", 14" Kent kit. Band was a trio (drums, sax and keys) and the drums sounded and felt great. I couldn't be happier with them. Now I just need to scrounge up a couple more of these gigs a year. It was also cool because I've never played with these particular musicians before. No rehearsal, just open the Real Book and call a tune. Great musicians and a great night!

That's the way we do it....I've always played this way, except as a percussionist, since I am not a real drummer. Congas and the like, yep. New people, new material, never looked at the music tho, just kind of the Grateful Dead sorta way...start at a note and play til you're done exploring the universe.

Cool on ya, maybe if they like ya, they'll call ya back~!

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here