Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

Pink Sparkle Keystone badged Ludwigs

Hi. I've ben working, occasionally, with these for about half a year..

These obviously contains of parts from different kits. It all started when I bought the bass drum and 12"-tom.. They were in terrible condition. I later bought the floor tom to complete the kit. There are some minor mods on these, feel free to take a guess..

This is not your favourite all-original collectives, but a real players kit..

When I rewrapped it I went with a pink sparkle, I really like it.. It was hard to catch the colour correctly on the photos..

The sizes are

20X12 bass drum

12X08 tom tom

16X16 floor tom

These are all 3-plies mahogny-poplar-maple..

feel free to comment.

2 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Nice job. I like the looks of that club date tom in ther amidst the regular troops. Nice contrast. Cool looking kit. Glad you kept the rail and bass/cymbal mount. Those look so perfect on vintage kits.

Posted on 14 years ago

very cool!

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="Magenta"]I have seen a lot of those old Luddy 12" deep bass drums popping up recently. Local shop has 2 sets w/ 'em - a 20" and a 22".

Very nice job, gn86 !!!!![/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

I've always thought the pink sparkle was gorgeous! Fine job, great kit!

fishwaltz
Posted on 14 years ago

thanks alot everyone!

I wanted something unique, but at the same time not too far from what came out from the ludwig factory in the 60's... I was thinking about citrus mod for a while but descided on the pink sparkle.. One guy thought it was a faded red sparkle haha..

the 12"-depth luddys arent that common, but they pop up on ebay every now and then.. This project started earlier this year in like may or june.. I had no job during the summer and got a big tax return.. what to do? well, I searched ebay for some fun project.. I actually found two 20X12 the same week and I bought both of them since they are unusual and Ive been wanting one for a while.. I sold one of them later on.. Eventually I found a job so the project was put on hold for a while.. I prefer them over the 14"-depth drums.. or any depth actually..

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here