Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Pink Oyster Pearl Wrap from Walopus

Greetings,

I recently ordered some Pink Oyster Pearl wrap from Walopus for a micro bop kit I was finishing up.

I love the look of this wrap! I have to admit that at first I was disappointed, because there is really nothing "pink" about the wrap. But the more I looked at it, the more it grew on me. A fellow drumming friend came over and saw the wrap laid out on the floor and he really dug it. Then once I put it on a drum an assembled it, it was a no brainer. This wrap is awesome!

A few words about Walopus wrap, which as you may know, is the company owned and run by our own VDF member, Magnus (Compact Drums). Walopus wrap is very high quality. It is very shiny and the colors are very vivid. It is the same thickness as traditional drum wrap, but it's a little more flexible and pliable and not as stiff as regular wrap. Magnus is also a first class dude. Incredibly easy to do business with, and his service is out of this world. Thanks again, buddy!

As an aside, I had always used the glue method for wrapping drums. For these I used the double sided tape method. Huge difference! So much easier and faster than using glue, plus it's also a lot more forgiving than glue too. There is no difference in appearance or "hold security" than tape vs. glue, in my humble opinion. I used Capitol Grip heavy duty double sided carpet tape, and it worked great (photo attached). I placed the tape on each end of the wrap (after measuring and cutting for just a small overlap). Tape where the wrap starts on the shell, and tape at the overlap. Just be sure you're straight when you start, and make sure you pull it tight. Easy, even for me, and if someone is going to screw something up, it would be me!

I hope you guys and gals dig 'em. Thanks again, Magnus. If anyone needs wrap in the future, I highly encourage you to look at Walopus wrap. They have many wraps to choose from, and I can attest to their quality and service from them!

5 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago

Thanks very much for the kind words!

http://compactdrums.com/

http://walopus.com/
Posted on 6 years ago

I love that! That's a perfect finish for a jazz/cocktail lounge kit. Yah, maybe it should be renamed Salmon Oyster Pearl. Not really pink. There seems to be no limit to what Walopus can put on a wrap. Thanks for sharing that.

Mike

-No Guru... still learning more every day-
Posted on 6 years ago

Very nice looking kit!! Walopus does make some cool, funky looking wraps!!

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 6 years ago

Great Pink Oyster wrap on your drums! I just had Magnus at Walopus wrap a snare in their Oyster Black Pearl wrap and it looks great.

I also encourage others to have a look at Walopus' selection.

Posted on 6 years ago

You did a great job on the re-wrap ! I have bought a variety of wraps from Magnus and have loved each and every one. So easy to install and yes, I also use the tape method which is so simple to do.

Behind my kit I have a variety of autographed heads on the wall on cut down shells. My favorite is The Peace Sign wrap that I got from him and I used for a Sgt. Peppers head. I get nothing but great comments from everyone on it and all the others.

Michael

1 attachments
No Guru - I just love collecting & learning about vintage drums!

Some of my favorites from the kits in the collection
58 WFL New Yorker Blue Sparkle
67 Ludwig Hollywood Red Psychedelic
69 Ludwig Standard Red Ruby Strata
70's Ludwig BOP "Ringo" Kit

A few of my favorite snares
20's Leedy Black Elite
51 Leedy & Ludwig Knob Tension
58 WFL Buddy Rich Classic Blue Sparkle
63 Walberg & Auge Sea Blue Agave Green Pearl
66 Leedy Shelly Manne Blue Agate Pearl
Posted on 6 years ago