Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Pink champagne sparkle / bermuda sand wrap ...

I've planned to restore a 1974 Asba kit, I got a 24"x14" bass drum and a 16"x16" floor tom. But the 12"x8" I got doesn't match ... I want to wrap it with some similar "pink champagne sparkle" wrap.

I'm looking for a single 12x8 sheet. Where could I find such a thing ?

[img]http://www.zimagez.com/miniature/asba047.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.zimagez.com/miniature/asba048.jpg[/img]

Posted on 15 years ago

I think you can get wrap for a single drum at jaminsams. Never heard of asba.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Asbas are awesome...cool kit !!! Italian, I think ? European, certainly.

yeah, just order from jamminsam, sized to fit an 8x12. It's expensive, but for one small tom, heck....it's worth it...[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Thank you guys,

Unfortunately the champagne pink wrap is "Discontinued" at jamminsams ...

Asba was a french manufacturer that crashed down in the early 80's ... those drums are highly rated

The bass drum sounds terrific

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]With so rare a kit...I think ponying up for the Precision wrap might be your best option. I'd ask for a swatch of the color first...champagnes can fade differently sometimes...some go tobacco-escque, others more coral or salmon looking.

You can always sell the remaining leftover piece of wrap here...I'd probably buy it.

You wouldn't wanna spill a buncha money only to discover that the original wrap has faded over time so the new doesn't match well at all...[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

I guess you're right. Although I think the original wrap didn't fade. The colour of the wrap was exactly the same under the lugs after I have removed them in order to clean the drum properly.

I'll ask for a swatch.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here