Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Piecing out an old Radio King set

There's a 45/46 Slingerland set pieced out on ebay today... I was looking through our catalog pages but see no pages for those years, and no pics in the Slingerland section of our forum... where else could I seek info? ... This set is way beyond me, I'm just looking to learn. And, is piecing out a rare set like that the right thing to do, historically speaking first, and monetarily speaking last? Educate me, please, O Wise-Ones ... Thanks .... Kevins

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Let' see...how can I put this ?

Anyone who would piecing out a complete old RK kit....

Should have his b###s put in a vise and have that vise cranked hard....

How's that ?

:mad:[/COLOR][COLOR="Silver"]

or maybe have his foot tied to the bumper of a pickup and dragged thru......[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]OK, I'll stop.

[COLOR="Olive"]

It's a horrible, horrible, horrible thing to do from a historical/vintage drum standpoint. Some of us were commiserating about this in another section a few weeks ago.

here you have this rare drum set (probably a very GOOD one, to boot) which has managed somehow to survive 60+ years as a single unit.

Until....

eFlay comes along.

So now....any prospective buyer is put in a position of deciding whether they chance placing their bid if they only end up "winning" a few pieces...while the remaining peices go to someone else across the country.

It's just a bad thing to do.

of course, for those reptiles SOLELY interested in squeezing out the last dollar they can on an item...regardless of it's collectibility or rareness as a whole ...regardless of that silly thing called 'historical value" (which doesn't translate into mo' money, right ?)....

it's an AWESOME strategy.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Congrats....enjoy your money...you have just cannibalized an irreplaceable rig....CryBaby[/COLOR]

[/COLOR][/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks, Jaye... and, after starting this thread I read the other thread you referred to, and, no question, it's just a Dirty Dog Thing To Do...so here I've enjoyed this set in it's entirety and completeness for the length of time I've owned it, and now that I'm done with it, for a few extra bucks, I choose to deny the next cat's chance of the same privilege? The perfect, rightful next owner could be out there with not quite enough bucks to endure three auctions, but just enough to win the set as a whole in one... just not right... the killer set that used to be.... maybe Kharma will chime in.... hopeful, Kevins

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]It's just so HARD to land a complete kit on eFlay once it's pieced out....maybe, maybe, maybe you will see that listing pulled before it ends, because someone made a deal with him for the whole kit. I hope so....

[COLOR="SandyBrown"]or maybe the seller will get hit by a bus, therefore never completing the transactions.... and his family will donate it to a local music program for disadvantaged youth.....[/COLOR][/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

That auction just ended with floor tom going for $800, tom for $137, snare sold for $399 with a bin of $799, no bids on the bass... the floor tom sold two days previous, might have been up for auction a few hours..... sounds like the break-up of a wonderful family.... bummer....

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here