Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Pictures of my 60's Pearl tom, complete!

Well folks, here it is in all it's glory. I stripped it down, repaired the splits and peels with wood glue, fixed the peeling wrap with super glue, filled the gouges with wood putty, sanded the whole thing, inside and out, painted the interior with white brush-on primer, repaired the bearing edges (as best I could), then shot the exterior with 3 light coats of semi-gloss polyacrylic. I cleaned all of the hardware with CLR and steel wool, cleaned and lubed the lug bolts, and polished the hoops. Heads are Aquarian Studio-X batter, and Classic clear resonant. Hey, it's not perfect, but I think it looks pretty cool and I had a lot of fun doing it. I love the white interior with the Aquarian heads and faded wrap. And guess what? I think it sounds pretty decent too. Now, on to the floor tom, then the bass. I've got all of the hardware ready, I just have to do the shells.

I'm adding pictures of the floor tom on a new post below.

2 attachments
Slingerland Zildjian Aquarian
Posted on 17 years ago

Looks beautiful man!!! Big improvement. Great job.

Posted on 17 years ago

It looks and sounds so much better when you do ALL the work yourself!Party

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 17 years ago

NICE JOB,Cool MAN!!!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

Well, the floor tom is done too. I've got a little rattle to find and eliminate, but other than that it is done. I'm having a little trouble tuning these, maybe it's just the heads I'm not familiar with, the Studio-X are single ply, and I'm used to the double ply Performance 2s. If I can't get he sound I want, I might switch to them, what's another $35 right? Hopefully it's not the bearing edges, I really think I got them looking pretty good concidering. I included pictures of the shell after sanding and filling, freshly oiled, painted, and complete.

Now, on to the bass!

Slingerland Zildjian Aquarian
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here