Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Picked up some Majestic Drums tonight!

Hi I just wanted to show the majestic drums I bought this evening. They were only $45 so I thought I might as well grab them. I know they are Japanese and made by Tama but that is about all the info I have found on them. Can anyone help me or direct me to where I might find more? The FT is a 14" and the wrap is pretty bad. Also needs a bottom rim. Needs new heads all around. The rest of the shells and wrap are quite decent. Check out the pics.

Posted on 13 years ago

Nice grab, EC.... those look pretty darn nice man !!

Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago

You shouldn't have any trouble finding some "aged"WMP for the floor tom,and as long as it's not the infamous 7 hole rim,that should be easy,too.Nice score,cool set.

Posted on 13 years ago

8 luggers on kick and snare

+ BONUS!

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 13 years ago

Would this be a 60's Majestic?

Posted on 13 years ago

Cool! They are actually Star...before TAMA...I know, splitting hairs. Anyway, they are late 60s-early 70s, and would have been marketed by St Louis Music Supply, the owner of about 30 stencil name brands.

I have a complete kit, 20-12-12-14-16 and matching wood snare, 8 lugs on the snare and 14" floor tom, 6 on all the others. Strange configuration that all drums are 6 lug, except the fact that it is a 3 ply, labeled with a later badge, called "Semi-Pro", not Deluxe, as these are. My shells are all 6 or 9 ply, with the exception of the Semi-Pro floor tom being 3 ply.

They ought to tune up nicely if the edges are in good shape. If not, you will need to do some sanding.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here