Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Pedal ID Help

Hi guys,

I picked up a cool dual beater bass drum pedal recently. Any idea which company made these and when? I’ve attached a picture of the pedal. The picture I’ve added is from the VDF bass drum pedal part of the site. Any ideas?

[IMG]https://www.vintagedrumguide.com/pedal_55.html[/IMG]

Thanks James

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin
Posted on 1 year ago

Your pedal is a Walberg and Auge "Whirlwind" model. I would have to check the Jeremy Esposito book on Walberg and Auge to get the dates. They were supplied to several of the major drum companies. The design allows you to strike the center or off center of the bass drum. Nothing wrong with using two beaters if you want a bigger sound. It is a nice pedal and well made as is all of the Walberg and Auge products.

Posted on 1 year ago

Wow, thank you so much for that information!

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin
Posted on 1 year ago

You are quite welcome, glad to help. I looked it up in the Esposito book, Walberg and Auge Catalog 10 from the 1940's lists it (page 168 in the book) as the Whirlwind model 1078 costing a whopping $8.25 (big bucks in those days) but it must have been developed earlier since there are two newer pedals ($10.00 and $8.50) on the previous page. The catalog photo shows only one beater.

1 attachments
Posted on 1 year ago

Cool! Thanks again. I’ll have to pick up that Esposito book. Have a happy new year!

Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here