Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Pearl Wrap

Does anyone know of any company that sells pearl wraps besides percision, and DF. Trying to locate a faded pearl to cover a Zepfer lug snare

Posted on 11 years ago

Welcome to the forum!

I don't know what you mean by DF, but Jammin Sam, Explorer's Percussion and Drummaker.com also sell wraps.

However, most of the places that sell wrap pretty much get all their wrap from the same supplier. Also, the selection is typically the same from dealer to dealer, with a few variants mixed in. I know Precision will make custom wrap, in full sheets only; and it takes about 4-6 weeks.

Good Luck.

Posted on 11 years ago

vyacheslav is correct; pretty much all the retailers are just reselling wrap material manufactured by Delmar. Individual resellers may include a wrap selection or two that others do not stock, but otherwise it is all the same material.

http://www.delmarproducts.com/products.asp

Look familiar?

Precision does provide custom printing on wraps. Drummaker provides their "colorwrap" service which might be applicable to you.

http://www.drummaker.net/1-800-NEW-DRUM/www.drummaker.com/FMPro?-db=DM_Orders.fp5&-format=jumpfinishes.htm&-new

Basically, you start with a neutral color wrap (typically silver sparkle, silver glass or some form of white pearl) and then they have printed a specific color or fade on the top layer to colorize it. The examples I have seen look pretty great. It is certainly more expensive per sheet and there is a lead time, but you should be able to pretty closely match the existing wrap on your drum. The limitation is the same as with any printing process and that is accurately defining your color. I believe Andy uses the Pantone system for color selection which greatly improves that process, or at least it should. The difficulty would then be to find a chip pattern that most closely resembles your wrap.

tnsquint
Very proud owner of a new Blaemire Snare 6.5 x 14 made by Jerry Jenkins "Drumjinx"
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here